Sunny A Linnebur
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Impact of a multidisciplinary intervention on antibiotic use for nursing home-acquired pneumoniaSunny A Linnebur
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 9:442-450.e1. 2011..Academic detailing in nursing homes (NHs) has been shown to improve drug use patterns and adherence to guidelines...
- Hepatotoxicity associated with chinese skullcap contained in Move Free Advanced dietary supplement: two case reports and review of the literatureSunny A Linnebur
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:750, 258e-262e. 2010..Patients seeking dietary supplements for osteoarthritis may want to avoid glucosaminechondroitin products such as Move Free Advanced that also contain Chinese skullcap...
- Prescription ergocalciferol dosing for vitamin D repletion: a retrospective evaluationJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Universityof Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and PharmaceuticalSciences, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pharmacotherapy 32:135-41. 2012..To determine the efficacy and safety of vitamin D repletion with prescription ergocalciferol and to determine patient-specific factors that may influence the amount of ergocalciferol needed to attain vitamin D sufficiency...
- A multifaceted intervention to implement guidelines did not affect hospitalization rates for nursing home-acquired pneumoniaEvelyn Hutt
Denver VA Medical Center, CO 80220, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:499-507. 2011..Determine whether a comprehensive approach to implementing national consensus guidelines for nursing home-acquired pneumonia (NHAP) affected hospitalization rates...
- Inappropriate prescribing in the hospitalized elderly patient: defining the problem, evaluation tools, and possible solutionsRobert L Page
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Physical Medicine, Clinical Specialist, Division of Cardiology and Heart Transplantation
Clin Interv Aging 5:75-87. 2010..This article highlights critical issues surrounding PIM prescribing in the acute care setting such as risk factors, screening tools, and potential strategies to minimize this significant public health problem...
- Patient-level medication regimen complexity across populations with chronic diseaseAnne M Libby
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado Colorado Health Outcomes Program, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado Electronic address
Clin Ther 35:385-398.e1. 2013..A gap exists in the study of a patient-level medication regimen complexity metric across disease-specific populations...
- Vitamin D intervention by pharmacists in geriatric outpatientsJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 48:501-7. 2008....
- Medication management: a case of brown bag-identified medication hoardingMelanie L Martinez
University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Consult Pharm 27:729-36. 2012..The case also supports the need for family support for older adults struggling with managing polypharmacy...
- A year in review: new drugs for older adults in 2011Joseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora, 80045, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 10:258-63. 2012..However, additional care must be taken for safe and effective use of these new agents by older adults...
- Inhaled anticholinergic agents and acute urinary retention in men with lower urinary tract symptoms or benign prostatic hyperplasiaJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1245-9. 2012..To assess the risk of acute urinary retention with the use of inhaled anticholinergic agents in men with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Plant sterols added to combination statin and colesevelam hydrochloride therapy failed to lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrationsSunny A Linnebur
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, 12631 East 17th Ave, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Lipidol 1:626-33. 2007..Previous data demonstrate LDL-C lowering by adding stanols/sterols to statins. However, data are conflicting regarding the benefit from combination stanols/sterols with bile acid sequestrants...
- Probable levetiracetam-associated depression in the elderly: two case reportsJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:281-4. 2009..In the elderly, depression associated with levetiracetam has not been reported...
- Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in the older seniorSheryl F Vondracek
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy C238 L15, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Clin Interv Aging 4:121-36. 2009..Further studies are needed in older seniors, especially men, to better understand the risks and benefits of pharmacologic therapy for the management of osteoporosis...