Sunny A Linnebur
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Impact of a multidisciplinary intervention on antibiotic use for nursing home-acquired pneumoniaSunny A Linnebur
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 9:442-450.e1. 2011..Academic detailing in nursing homes (NHs) has been shown to improve drug use patterns and adherence to guidelines...
- Hepatotoxicity associated with chinese skullcap contained in Move Free Advanced dietary supplement: two case reports and review of the literatureSunny A Linnebur
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:750, 258e-262e. 2010..Patients seeking dietary supplements for osteoarthritis may want to avoid glucosaminechondroitin products such as Move Free Advanced that also contain Chinese skullcap...
- Patient-level medication regimen complexity across populations with chronic diseaseAnne M Libby
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Clin Ther 35:385-398.e1. 2013..A gap exists in the study of a patient-level medication regimen complexity metric across disease-specific populations...
- Prescription ergocalciferol dosing for vitamin D repletion: a retrospective evaluationJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Universityof Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and PharmaceuticalSciences, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pharmacotherapy 32:135-41. 2012..To determine the efficacy and safety of vitamin D repletion with prescription ergocalciferol and to determine patient-specific factors that may influence the amount of ergocalciferol needed to attain vitamin D sufficiency...
- Inappropriate prescribing in the hospitalized elderly patient: defining the problem, evaluation tools, and possible solutionsRobert L Page
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Physical Medicine, Clinical Specialist, Division of Cardiology and Heart Transplantation
Clin Interv Aging 5:75-87. 2010..This article highlights critical issues surrounding PIM prescribing in the acute care setting such as risk factors, screening tools, and potential strategies to minimize this significant public health problem...
- A multifaceted intervention to implement guidelines did not affect hospitalization rates for nursing home-acquired pneumoniaEvelyn Hutt
Denver VA Medical Center, CO 80220, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:499-507. 2011..Determine whether a comprehensive approach to implementing national consensus guidelines for nursing home-acquired pneumonia (NHAP) affected hospitalization rates...
- Impact of student- versus instructor-directed case discussions on student performance in a pharmacotherapy capstone courseJennifer M Trujillo
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado
Am J Pharm Educ 78:56. 2014..To evaluate the impact of incorporating student-directed (SD) vs instructor-directed (ID) active learning on student performance in a pharmacotherapy capstone course...
- Evaluation of type 2 diabetes mellitus medication management and control in older adultsAngela Thompson
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Consult Pharm 28:296-306. 2013..05) were more frequently prescribed. Conclusion: Our results indicate that glycemic control was similar between the young-old and old-old. However, the old-old required fewer diabetic medications for this same level of glycemic control...
- Vitamin D intervention by pharmacists in geriatric outpatientsJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 48:501-7. 2008....
- Medication management: a case of brown bag-identified medication hoardingMelanie L Martinez
University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Consult Pharm 27:729-36. 2012..The case also supports the need for family support for older adults struggling with managing polypharmacy...
- A year in review: new drugs for older adults in 2011Joseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 10:258-63. 2012..However, additional care must be taken for safe and effective use of these new agents by older adults...
- Inhaled anticholinergic agents and acute urinary retention in men with lower urinary tract symptoms or benign prostatic hyperplasiaJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1245-9. 2012..To assess the risk of acute urinary retention with the use of inhaled anticholinergic agents in men with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Plant sterols added to combination statin and colesevelam hydrochloride therapy failed to lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrationsSunny A Linnebur
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, 12631 East 17th Ave, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Lipidol 1:626-33. 2007..Previous data demonstrate LDL-C lowering by adding stanols/sterols to statins. However, data are conflicting regarding the benefit from combination stanols/sterols with bile acid sequestrants...
- Probable levetiracetam-associated depression in the elderly: two case reportsJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:281-4. 2009..In the elderly, depression associated with levetiracetam has not been reported...
- Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in the older seniorSheryl F Vondracek
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy C238 L15, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Clin Interv Aging 4:121-36. 2009..Further studies are needed in older seniors, especially men, to better understand the risks and benefits of pharmacologic therapy for the management of osteoporosis...