Brian K Link
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Anti-CD3-based bispecific antibody designed for therapy of human B-cell malignancy can induce T-cell activation by antigen-dependent and antigen-independent mechanismsB K Link
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Cancer Center, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Int J Cancer 77:251-6. 1998..Both mechanisms may have been responsible for the toxicity observed in prior clinical studies...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the elderly: diffusion of treatment with rituximab and survival advances with and without anthracyclinesBrian K Link
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:994-1002. 2011..Patients treated with rituximab but not anthracyclines had comparable survival to those treated with anthracycline but not rituximab...
- Do recent reports of prolonged survival in patients with follicular lymphoma suggest that deferral of therapy is no longer justifiable?Brian K Link
Department of Internal Medicine and Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, C32 GH, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 2:219-24. 2007..The subset of patients with early-stage FL presents special but still inconclusive considerations. Accrual to prospective randomized trials is needed to answer the question...
- Imaging guiding therapy development in lymphomaB K Link
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:443-5. 2008..This paradigm will soon be challenged by new therapeutic strategies under development, but creative imaging approaches can still guide such development...
- The mysteries of mantle cell lymphoma--do PET scans provide a clue?Brian K Link
College of Medicine and Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1662-3. 2008
- Monoclonal antibodies in lymphoma: the first decadeBrian K Link
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Semin Hematol 45:71-4. 2008..Finally, possible future developments in the field will be proposed, including the use of monoclonal antibodies in ablative transplantation and in the treatment of leukemias...
- Cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisone followed by tositumomab and iodine-131-tositumomab in patients with untreated low-grade follicular lymphoma: eight-year follow-up of a multicenter phase II studyBrian K Link
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3035-41. 2010....
- Oligodeoxynucleotide CpG 7909 delivered as intravenous infusion demonstrates immunologic modulation in patients with previously treated non-Hodgkin lymphomaBrian K Link
Department of Internal Medicine, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunother (1997) 29:558-68. 2006..Two subjects demonstrated late response. We conclude CpG 7909 can be safely given as a 2-hour IV infusion to patients with previously treated non-Hodgkin lymphoma at doses that have immunomodulatory effects...
- Population-based assessment of hospitalizations for neutropenia from chemotherapy in older adults with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (United States)Shari Chen-Hardee
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:647-54. 2006..Valid inferences about age effects on chemotherapy toxicity require more clinical detail than is available in administrative data...
- Neutropenia and febrile neutropenia in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with doxorubicin (Adriamycin), bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine (ABVD) chemotherapyVikram K Chand
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, IA 52242, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:657-63. 2006..It may be possible to maintain dose intensity in the face of uncomplicated neutropenia during ABVD therapy...
- Rituximab infusion induces NK activation in lymphoma patients with the high-affinity CD16 polymorphismSuresh Veeramani
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Blood 118:3347-9. 2011..This finding may help explain the superior clinical outcome seen in the subset of high-affinity CD16 polymorphism lymphoma patients treated with single-agent rituximab...
- Improved survival of follicular lymphoma patients in the United StatesWade T Swenson
Division of Hematology, Oncology, and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5019-26. 2005..CONCLUSION: The survival of patients with FL in the United States has improved over the last 25 years. The survival improvement may be a result of the sequential application of effective therapies and improved supportive care...
- A polymorphism in the complement component C1qA correlates with prolonged response following rituximab therapy of follicular lymphomaEmilian Racila
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6697-703. 2008..The purpose of this study was to explore the relationship between the C1qA() polymorphism and the clinical response to rituximab in patients with follicular lymphoma...
- Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaTait D Shanafelt
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 117:1492-8. 2011..47; P = .07). Vitamin D insufficiency is associated with inferior TTT and OS in CLL patients. Whether normalizing vitamin D levels in deficient CLL patients would improve outcome merits clinical testing...
- 18-Fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography report interpretation as predictor of outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma including analysis of 'indeterminate' reportsAlexandra Thomas
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 51:439-46. 2010..02). Interpreting FDG-PET reports following curative-intent chemotherapy in patients is informative but imprecise, and incorporation of pre-therapy prognosis can improve predictive utility...
- Response assessment of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by integrated International Workshop Criteria and fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4652-61. 2005....
- Antibody therapy of lymphomaGeorge J Weiner
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Adv Pharmacol 51:229-53. 2004
- Factors associated with early termination of CHOP therapy and the impact on survival among patients with chemosensitive intermediate-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomaElizabeth A Chrischilles
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Cancer Control 10:396-403. 2003....
- Days of prophylactic filgrastim use to reduce febrile neutropenia in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with chemotherapyShane D Scott
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr 5974 JPP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:15-21. 2003..s lymphoma (NHL) treated with chemotherapy, but differences in days of therapy and mode (primary or secondary) of prophylaxis may affect clinical outcomes...
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody with enhanced affinity for CD16 activates NK cells at lower concentrations and more effectively than rituximabJulie A Bowles
Department of Internal Medicine, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Blood 108:2648-54. 2006....
- Chemotherapy and antibody combinations for relapsed/refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphomaAhmad S Halwani
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:443-55. 2011....
- Effect of clinical characteristics on neutropenia-related inpatient costs among newly diagnosed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cases during first-course chemotherapyElizabeth A Chrischilles
Health Effectiveness Research Center, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:668-75. 2005..To estimate the costs of hospitalization for neutropenia among chemotherapy-treated patients with newly diagnosed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and to assess baseline patient factors associated with these costs...
- Optic neuropathy due to anaplastic large cell lymphomaJames G Howard
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 19:81-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: ALCL should be considered to be a very rare but potential cause of optic neuropathy. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of ALCL causing an optic neuropathy...
- A systematic review of validated methods for identifying lymphoma using administrative dataRonald A Herman
Division of Drug Information Services, The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Iowa City, IA 52242 4710, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:203-12. 2012..To systematically review published studies for algorithms that identified lymphoma as a health outcome of interest in administrative or claims data and examined the validity of the algorithm to identify lymphoma cases...
- Population-based exploration of academic achievement outcomes in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia survivorsLyndsay A Harshman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242 1053, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 37:458-66. 2012..Examine academic achievement among pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia survivors diagnosed during the years 1993-2008...
- Optimizing chemotherapeutic strategies for peripheral T-cell lymphomasLori J Rosenstein
Department of Internal Medicine and Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 8:S180-6. 2008..Because of the relative rarity of this group of diseases, large-scale prospective clinical trials are difficult to implement. New treatment strategies are needed if we hope to improve patient outcomes...
- Monoclonal antibody therapy of B cell lymphomaGeorge J Weiner
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 4:375-85. 2004..Research geared towards understanding mAb mechanisms of action and the rational design of the next generation of mAb-based regimens will allow us to take full advantage of this exciting new mode of therapy...
- Immunostimulatory oligodeoxynucleotides induce apoptosis of B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsBernd Jahrsdorfer
Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, 5970Z JPP, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Leukoc Biol 77:378-87. 2005..The ability of IS ODN to induce apoptosis differs based on cytogenetic status. Up-regulation of CD95/Fas may play a role in IS ODN-induced apoptosis of B-CLL...
- Clinical protocol: phase I study of an adenovirus/prostate-specific antigen vaccine in men with metastatic prostate cancerDavid M Lubaroff
Department of Urology and Roland and Ruby Holden Cancer Research Laboratories, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Gene Ther 17:220-9. 2006
- 99mTc-depreotide tumour uptake in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaDavid L Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nucl Med Commun 25:839-43. 2004..SSTR peptides can be labelled with beta emitters and, if sufficient tumour uptake relative to normal organs can be demonstrated, therapeutic applications can be considered...
- Immunotherapy of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with hLL2 (epratuzumab, an anti-CD22 monoclonal antibody) and Hu1D10 (apolizumab)John P Leonard
Center for Lymphoma and Myeloma and Division of Hematology/Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Semin Oncol 29:81-6. 2002..Further efforts will explore optimal clinical settings for their use, as well as define treatment regimens either as single agents or in combination with chemotherapy or other biologics...
- Phase I trial of toll-like receptor 9 agonist PF-3512676 with and following rituximab in patients with recurrent indolent and aggressive non Hodgkin's lymphomaJohn P Leonard
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:6168-74. 2007..This Phase I trial was designed to investigate the safety, tolerability, and preliminary antitumor activity of PF-3512676 in combination with rituximab...
- First clinical use of ofatumumab, a novel fully human anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody in relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma: results of a phase 1/2 trialAnton Hagenbeek
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Hematology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 111:5486-95. 2008..9 months at a median/maximum follow-up of 9.2/38.6 months. Ofatumumab is currently being evaluated in patients with rituximab-refractory FL. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00092274...