B S Ling
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Attitudes toward colorectal cancer screening testsB S Ling
Sections of General Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:822-30. 2001....
- A population-based, community estimate of total colon examination: the impact on compliance with screening for colorectal cancerRobert E Schoen
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:446-51. 2002..In a population-based survey we determined the prevalence and validated the self-reporting of TCE and assessed its impact on compliance with screening...
- Relationship of communication and information measures to colorectal cancer screening utilization: results from HINTSBruce S Ling
Institute for Doctor Patient Communication, Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Health Commun 11:181-90. 2006..Another promising information delivery approach is the Internet. Dedicated efforts using these approaches for information exchange may be most beneficial toward increasing utilization of colorectal cancer screening...
- Informed decision-making and colorectal cancer screening: is it occurring in primary care?Bruce S Ling
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Med Care 46:S23-9. 2008..The degree to which providers communicate the information necessary to prepare patients for participation in this process is not known...
- Family history and colorectal cancer screening: a survey of physician knowledge and practice patternsPaul C Schroy
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1031-6. 2002..The objectives of this study were to assess and compare the current knowledge and practice patterns of gastroenterologists and primary care physicians regarding familial risk of CRC...
- Adherence to repeat screening flexible sigmoidoscopy in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening TrialJoel L Weissfeld
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer 94:2569-76. 2002..In the current prospective study, the authors used adherence to repeat testing to assess the acceptability of screening flexible sigmoidoscopy...
- Patients with Complex Chronic Diseases: perspectives on supporting self-managementMary Ann Sevick
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System 151 C, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:438-44. 2007..The case is discussed in terms of intervention effectiveness in the areas of prevention, addiction, and self-management of single diseases. Implications for research are discussed...