Ada M Lindsey
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Postmenopausal survivors of breast cancer at risk for osteoporosis: nutritional intake and body sizeAda M Lindsey
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5330, USA
Cancer Nurs 25:50-6. 2002..This is a special group of women for whom screening and preventive strategies for osteoporosis are imperative...
- Bone mineral density and bone turnover in postmenopausal women treated for breast cancerNancy L Waltman
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE 68588 0220, USA
Cancer Nurs 31:182-90. 2008..035). There was a trend for women who had received chemotherapy to have lower BMD at the spine (P = .06). The implications of these findings are discussed in the article...
- Challenges of recruitment of breast cancer survivors to a randomized clinical trial for osteoporosis preventionCarol D Ott
Kearney Division, College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1917 West 24th, Kearney, NE 68849 4510, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:21-31, quiz 32-3. 2006..Changes incorporated early in the recruitment phase addressed unique aspects of rural versus metropolitan areas and resulted in near achievement of accrual goals...
- Testing an intervention for preventing osteoporosis in postmenopausal breast cancer survivorsNancy L Waltman
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing, P O Box 880620, Lincoln, NE 68588 0620, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 35:333-8. 2003....
- Cancer risk-reduction behaviors of breast cancer survivorsAda M Lindsey
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
West J Nurs Res 26:872-90. 2004....
- Vitamin D insufficiency and musculoskeletal symptoms in breast cancer survivors on aromatase inhibitor therapyNancy L Waltman
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:143-50. 2009..Findings from this pilot study can be used to inform future studies examining musculoskeletal symptoms in BCSs on AI therapy and relationships with low serum levels of vitamin D...
- Facilitative strategies, psychological factors, and strength/weight training behaviors in breast cancer survivors who are at risk for osteoporosisCarol D Ott
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, USA
Orthop Nurs 23:45-52. 2004..costs, and processes of change) and their relationship to adherence and progression in use of heavier weights in breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- Health behaviors in breast cancer survivors experiencing bone lossJanice J Twiss
Omaha Division, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5330, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 18:471-81. 2006....
- Postmenopausal breast cancer survivors at risk for osteoporosis: physical activity, vigor, and vitalityGloria Jean Gross
School of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Scottsbluff, NE, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:1295-300. 2002..To test a multicomponent intervention to prevent and treat osteoporosis in breast cancer survivors...
- Self-efficacy scale for Pap smear screening participation in sheltered womenJette R Hogenmiller
Health, Innovation, and Research, 8687 Tranquility Loop, Ft Calhoun, NE 68023, USA
Nurs Res 56:369-77. 2007..Self-efficacy (SE) has been demonstrated to be predictive of several health behaviors, but limited evidence about SE for Pap smear screening exists...