Affiliation: University of Washington
- The long arc of recovery: characterizing intimate partner violence and its psychosocial effects across 17 yearsTaryn Lindhorst
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Violence Against Women 17:480-99. 2011..By their 30s, women had recovered from IPV such that there were no significant differences between groups at the final time point...
- Longitudinal effects of domestic violence on employment and welfare outcomesTaryn Lindhorst
University of Washington School of Social Work, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
J Interpers Violence 22:812-28. 2007....
- The long-term effects of intimate partner violence on adolescent mothers' depressive symptomsTaryn Lindhorst
University of Washington, School of Social Work, 4101 15th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:1322-33. 2008..Efforts aimed at prevention and early intervention in IPV among adolescent mothers are important components of the clinical care of young mothers...
- Mediating pathways explaining psychosocial functioning and revictimization as sequelae of parental violence among adolescent mothersTaryn Lindhorst
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 79:181-90. 2009....
- Frontline worker responses to domestic violence disclosure in public welfare officesTaryn Lindhorst
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98155, USA
Soc Work 55:235-43. 2010..This study suggests that problems with implementation of the FVO reflect a systemic reluctance to address issues of violence with women rather than problems of individual workers...
- The prevalence and correlates of depressive symptoms among adolescent mothers: results from a 17-year longitudinal studyAmelia R Gavin
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105 6299, USA
Women Health 51:525-45. 2011....
- Examining palliative care team involvement in automatic consultations for children on extracorporeal life support in the pediatric intensive care unitArdith Z Doorenbos
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Palliat Med 16:492-5. 2013..In May 2009, Seattle Children's Hospital (SCH) implemented a policy to involve the Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) in all ECLS cases through automatic referral...
- Screening for domestic violence in public welfare offices: an analysis of case manager and client interactionsTaryn Lindhorst
University of Washington, USA
Violence Against Women 14:5-28. 2008....
- Reconceptualizing and operationalizing context in survey research on intimate partner violenceTaryn Lindhorst
University of Washington, USA
J Interpers Violence 23:362-88. 2008..The authors consider how each dimension matters in the measurement of intimate partner violence and offer recommendations for systematically assessing these contextual factors in future research...
- Piloting team simulations to assess interprofessional skillsLynne Robins
Medical Education and Biomedical Informatics, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Interprof Care 22:325-8. 2008
- Interprofessional initiatives at the University of WashingtonPeggy S Odegard
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 73:63. 2009..In this manuscript, we will describe the Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, and highlight key projects that serve as examples of pharmacy involvement in interprofessional education, research, and service...
- Interpersonal violence in the lives of urban American Indian and Alaska Native women: implications for health, mental health, and help-seekingTeresa Evans-Campbell
Institute for Indigenous Health and Child Welfare Research, School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle 98105, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1416-22. 2006....
- A blueprint of pain curriculum across prelicensure health sciences programs: one NIH Pain Consortium Center of Excellence in Pain Education (CoEPE) experienceArdith Z Doorenbos
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Department of Global Health, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
J Pain 14:1533-8. 2013....
- Palliative care in the pediatric ICU: challenges and opportunities for family-centered practiceArdith Doorenbos
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 8:297-315. 2012....
- Development of a Web-based educational intervention to improve cross-cultural communication among hospice providersArdith Z Doorenbos
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 6:236-55. 2010..Participants also reported finding the online delivery convenient and the interactive format valuable. Improving the quality of cross-cultural patient-provider communication can contribute to reducing disparities at end-of-life...
- Mental Health, Domestic Violence and Economic InsecurityTaryn Lindhorst; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mary Gillmore of the University of Washington and will provide the candidate with the methodological skills and substantive knowledge needed to carry out the specific aims of the research. ..