LASSE A LINDAHL
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Functional equivalence of hairpins in the RNA subunits of RNase MRP and RNase P in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeL Lindahl
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore 21250, USA
RNA 6:653-8. 2000..We propose that the MRP3 and P3 hairpins in S. cerevisiae perform similar functions and have coevolved to maintain common features that are different from those of MRP3 and P3 hairpins in other species...
- RNase MRP is required for entry of 35S precursor rRNA into the canonical processing pathwayLasse Lindahl
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
RNA 15:1407-16. 2009..We conclude that RNase MRP is a key enzyme for initiating the canonical processing of precursor rRNA transcripts, but alternative pathway(s) might provide a backup for production of small amounts of rRNA...
- A novel protein shared by RNase MRP and RNase PS Chu
Department of Biological Sciences, UMBC University of Maryland Baltimore County, 21250, USA
RNA 3:382-91. 1997..Immunoprecipitation studies indicate that Pop4p is associated with both RNase MRP and RNase P. The protein is also required for accumulation of RNA from each of the two ribonucleoprotein particles...
- Phylogenetic analysis of L4-mediated autogenous control of the S10 ribosomal protein operonT Allen
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
J Bacteriol 181:6124-32. 1999..coli. We speculate that L4-mediated autogenous control developed during the evolution of the gamma branch of proteobacteria...
- A hairpin structure upstream of the terminator hairpin required for ribosomal protein L4-mediated attenuation control of the S10 operon of Escherichia coliJ M Zengel
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21228, USA
J Bacteriol 178:2383-7. 1996..In vitro transcription studies confirm that this hairpin structure is necessary for L4's role in stimulating transcription termination by RNA polymerase...