Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Directionality of heart looping: effects of Pitx2c misexpression on flectin asymmetry and midline structuresKersti K Linask
Department of Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey 08084, USA
Dev Biol 246:407-17. 2002..The position of the heart with respect to the embryo midline is defined by the position of the foregut. Incubating embryos in the presence of flectin antibody caused randomization of heart looping or no looping...
- The heart-placenta axis in the first month of pregnancy: induction and prevention of cardiovascular birth defectsKersti K Linask
USF Children s Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, 140 7th Avenue South, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
J Pregnancy 2013:320413. 2013..Our studies demonstrate pathways and cell processes that are involved with protection of one-carbon metabolism during heart development...
- Blood flow dynamics of one cardiac cycle and relationship to mechanotransduction and trabeculation during heart loopingBarbara Garita
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Research Institute, University of South Florida and All Children s Hospital, St Petersburg, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H879-91. 2011....
- A role for the cytoskeleton in heart loopingKersti K Linask
University of South Florida and All Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 7:280-98. 2007..In recent years, the steps involved in this central and complex process of heart development that is the basis of numerous congenital heart defects are being unraveled...
- Molecular effects of lithium exposure during mouse and chick gastrulation and subsequent valve dysmorphogenesisJizhen Chen
USF Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 82:508-18. 2008..The objective of this study was to define whether Li mimicry of canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling induces cardiac valve defects...
- Effects of antisense misexpression of CFC on downstream flectin protein expression during heart loopingKersti K Linask
Department of Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey SOM, Stratford, New Jersey, USA
Dev Dyn 228:217-30. 2003..Thus, Pitx2 can be experimentally uncoupled from heart looping. The flectin asymmetry continues to be maintained in the secondary heart field during looping...
- Cardiac morphogenesis: matrix metalloproteinase coordination of cellular mechanisms underlying heart tube formation and directionality of loopingKersti K Linask
University of South Florida, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Dev Dyn 233:739-53. 2005....
- Cross talk between cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion signaling pathways during heart organogenesis: implications for cardiac birth defectsKersti K Linask
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, The Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Microsc Microanal 11:200-8. 2005..Lithium exposure results in an anterior-posterior progression of severe cardiac defects...
- Early temporal-specific responses and differential sensitivity to lithium and Wnt-3A exposure during heart developmentShyam M Manisastry
University of South Florida Children s Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2160-74. 2006..Taken together, our results demonstrate that there are temporal-specific responses and differential sensitivities to lithium/Wnt-3A exposure during early heart development...
- Cellular nonmuscle myosins NMHC-IIA and NMHC-IIB and vertebrate heart loopingWenge Lu
Department of Pediatrics, USF ACH Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Dev Dyn 237:3577-90. 2008..These results document the characterization of flectin and extend the importance of NMHC-II and the cytoskeletal actomyosin complex to the mammalian heart and cardiac looping...
- Folate rescues lithium-, homocysteine- and Wnt3A-induced vertebrate cardiac anomaliesMingda Han
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, USF ACH Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Dis Model Mech 2:467-78. 2009....
- MCT-4, A511/Basigin and EF5 expression patterns during early chick cardiomyogenesis indicate cardiac cell differentiation occurs in a hypoxic environmentMingda Han
Department of Pediatrics, USF Children s Research Institute, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Dev Dyn 235:124-31. 2006..These results indicate that cardiac precursor cells are equipped for differentiating in a hypoxic environment using anaerobic metabolism for energy production...
- Myofibrillogenesis in the first cardiomyocytes formed from isolated quail precardiac mesodermAiping Du
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Dev Biol 257:382-94. 2003....
- Regulation of heart morphology: current molecular and cellular perspectives on the coordinated emergence of cardiac form and functionKersti K Linask
Department of Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey SOM Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 69:14-24. 2003..During early heart development, in addition to cells being induced to differentiate into cardiomyocytes, pathways are activated that lead to cardiac morphogenesis or the development of form...
- Tropomyosin expression and dynamics in developing avian embryonic musclesJushuo Wang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 65:379-92. 2008..We speculate that the differences in the two muscles is due to the appearance of nebulin in the skeletal myocytes premyofibrils transform into mature myofibrils...
- Cells that express MyoD mRNA in the epiblast are stably committed to the skeletal muscle lineageJacquelyn Gerhart
Center for Chronic Disorders of Aging, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19131, USA
J Cell Biol 178:649-60. 2007..Stable programming in the epiblast may ensure that MyoDpos cells express similar signaling molecules in a variety of environments...