Genomes and Genes
Jonathan H Lin
Affiliation: University of California
- IRE1 signaling affects cell fate during the unfolded protein responseJonathan H Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Science 318:944-9. 2007..Key findings from our studies in cell culture were recapitulated in photoreceptors expressing mutant rhodopsin in animal models of retinitis pigmentosa...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in disease pathogenesisJonathan H Lin
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Annu Rev Pathol 3:399-425. 2008..This review provides background information on the unfolded protein response and discusses a selection of diseases whose pathogenesis involves ER stress...
- Divergent effects of PERK and IRE1 signaling on cell viabilityJonathan H Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4170. 2009..These results demonstrate that extended PERK and IRE1 signaling have opposite effects on cell viability. Differential activation of PERK and IRE1 may determine life or death decisions after ER protein misfolding...
- Induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress genes, BiP and chop, in genetic and environmental models of retinal degenerationHeike Kroeger
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:7590-9. 2012....
- IRE1 directs proteasomal and lysosomal degradation of misfolded rhodopsinWei Chieh Chiang
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:758-70. 2012..Our findings reveal the diversity of proteolytic mechanisms used by IRE1 to eliminate misfolded rhodopsin...
- Misfolded proteins and retinal dystrophiesJonathan H Lin
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0612, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 664:115-21. 2010..Last, we review new therapies for these diseases based on preventing protein misfolding in the retina...
- The unfolded protein response is a major mechanism by which LRP1 regulates Schwann cell survival after injuryElisabetta Mantuano
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0629, USA
J Neurosci 31:13376-85. 2011..LRP1 functions as a potent activator of PI3K in SCs and, by this mechanism, limits SC apoptosis resulting from increased CHOP expression in nerve injury...
- Monitoring and manipulating mammalian unfolded protein responseNobuhiko Hiramatsu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Methods Enzymol 491:183-98. 2011....