Jim Jung Ching Lin
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Human tropomyosin isoforms in the regulation of cytoskeleton functionsJim Jung Ching Lin
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, 340BBE, Iowa City, IA 52242 1324, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 644:201-22. 2008..We will then review tropomyosin functions in regulating cell motility and in modulating the anti-angiogenic activity of cleaved high molecular weight kininogen (HKa) and discuss future directions in this area...
- Essential roles of an intercalated disc protein, mXinbeta, in postnatal heart growth and survivalQinchuan Wang
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1324, USA
Circ Res 106:1468-78. 2010..Ablation of mXinalpha results in adult late-onset cardiomyopathy with conduction defects. An upregulation of the mXinbeta in mXinalpha-deficient hearts suggests a partial compensation...
- Opposite effects of overexpressed myosin Va or heavy meromyosin Va on vesicle distribution, cytoskeleton organization, and cell motility in nonmuscle cellsRobbin D Eppinga
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1324, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 65:197-215. 2008..Together, these data suggest that myosin Va overexpression induces actin bundles in vivo whereas the tailless version fails to bundle actin and disrupts cell motility...
- Chapter 1: roles of caldesmon in cell motility and actin cytoskeleton remodelingJim Jung Ching Lin
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 274:1-68. 2009..Regulation of CaD level and its activity may provide a novel strategy for gene therapy...
- A comprehensive nonredundant expressed sequence tag collection for the developing Rattus norvegicus heartJennifer J S Laffin
Department of Pediatrics and Interdepartmental Genetics Graduate Program, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Physiol Genomics 17:245-52. 2004..It is anticipated that such EST and cDNA clone resources will prove invaluable to gene expression studies aimed at the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying heart septation defects...
- Characterization of cis-regulatory elements and transcription factor binding: gel mobility shift assayJim Jung Ching Lin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Methods Mol Biol 366:183-201. 2007..GMSA with SDS-PAGE fractionated proteins allows for the determination of the apparent molecular mass of bound trans-acting factor...
- Requirement of TCTG(G/C) Direct Repeats and Overlapping GATA Site for Maintaining the Cardiac-Specific Expression of Cardiac troponin T in Developing and Adult MiceShannon M Harlan
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1324, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:1574-86. 2008..For a uniform and high level of cardiac-specific expression, the upstream element (-497 to -250 bp) is further required, possibly through the D enhancer module and the combination of Nkx2.5 and GATA sites...
- Emergence of Xin demarcates a key innovation in heart evolutionShaun E Grosskurth
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2857. 2008..We postulate that the emergence of the Xin paralogs and their functional differentiation may have played a key role in the evolutionary development of the heart...
- On the mechanisms of arrhythmias in the myocardium of mXinalpha-deficient murine left atrial-pulmonary veinsYu Jun Lai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Life Sci 83:272-83. 2008..In contrast, the non-impairment of automatic and triggered rhythms in mXinalpha-/- preparations may be due to the fact that the mechanisms underlying these rhythms do not involve cell-to-cell conduction...
- Changes in ionic currents and reduced conduction velocity in hypertrophied ventricular myocardium of Xin alpha-deficient miceYu Jun Lai
Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 7:90-2. 2007..However, changes in cationic inward currents could also contribute to the genesis of EAD and arrhythmias in mXin alpha -deficient mice...
- Control of Cardiac Troponin T Gene ExpressionJim Jung Ching Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Developmental expression patterns of these DRBPs will be determined by in situ hybridization and immunohistochemical studies. ..
- Novel Xin Protein in Cardiac Development and FunctionJim Jung Ching Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Only through understanding normal development and cardiac function can intervention strategies be developed to alleviate cardiac defects. ..