James C Lin
Affiliation: University of California
- Determinants of early reductions in drinking in older at-risk drinkers participating in the intervention arm of a trial to reduce at-risk drinking in primary careJames C Lin
Special Fellowship in Advanced Geriatrics, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:227-33. 2010....
- Do health educator telephone calls reduce at-risk drinking among older adults in primary care?James C Lin
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:334-9. 2010..Alcohol screening and brief intervention for unhealthy alcohol use has not been consistently delivered in primary care as part of preventive healthcare...
- Alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use disorders in U.S. Adults aged 65 years and older: data from the 2001-2002 National Epidemiologic Survey of Alcohol and Related ConditionsJames C Lin
Department of Geriatric Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:292-9. 2011..To examine the prevalence, sociodemographic, and health-related correlates of substance use disorders, including alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use among adults aged 65 years and older...
- Drinking patterns and the development of functional limitations in older adults: longitudinal analyses of the health and retirement surveyJames C Lin
Department of Medicine, Cheng Ching Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Aging Health 23:806-21. 2011..To examine whether consistent low-risk drinking is associated with lower risk of developing functional limitations among older adults...
- Primary care-based intervention to reduce at-risk drinking in older adults: a randomized controlled trialAlison A Moore
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Addiction 106:111-20. 2011..To examine whether a multi-faceted intervention among older at-risk drinking primary care patients reduced at-risk drinking and alcohol consumption at 3 and 12 months...
- Alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use in older U.S. Adults: data from the 2001/02 national epidemiologic survey of alcohol and related conditionsAlison A Moore
Division of Geriatric Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2275-81. 2009..To examine the prevalence and sociodemographic and health-related correlates of substance use, including alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use, in adults aged 65 and older...