James C Lin
Affiliation: University of California
- Determinants of early reductions in drinking in older at-risk drinkers participating in the intervention arm of a trial to reduce at-risk drinking in primary careJames C Lin
Special Fellowship in Advanced Geriatrics, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:227-33. 2010....
- Do health educator telephone calls reduce at-risk drinking among older adults in primary care?James C Lin
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:334-9. 2010..Alcohol screening and brief intervention for unhealthy alcohol use has not been consistently delivered in primary care as part of preventive healthcare...
- Alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use disorders in U.S. Adults aged 65 years and older: data from the 2001-2002 National Epidemiologic Survey of Alcohol and Related ConditionsJames C Lin
Department of Geriatric Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:292-9. 2011..To examine the prevalence, sociodemographic, and health-related correlates of substance use disorders, including alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use among adults aged 65 years and older...
- Drinking patterns and the development of functional limitations in older adults: longitudinal analyses of the health and retirement surveyJames C Lin
Department of Medicine, Cheng Ching Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Aging Health 23:806-21. 2011..To examine whether consistent low-risk drinking is associated with lower risk of developing functional limitations among older adults...
- Primary care-based intervention to reduce at-risk drinking in older adults: a randomized controlled trialAlison A Moore
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Addiction 106:111-20. 2011..To examine whether a multi-faceted intervention among older at-risk drinking primary care patients reduced at-risk drinking and alcohol consumption at 3 and 12 months...
- Alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use in older U.S. Adults: data from the 2001/02 national epidemiologic survey of alcohol and related conditionsAlison A Moore
Division of Geriatric Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2275-81. 2009..To examine the prevalence and sociodemographic and health-related correlates of substance use, including alcohol, tobacco, and nonmedical drug use, in adults aged 65 and older...
- Why do older unhealthy drinkers decide to make changes or not in their alcohol consumption? Data from the healthy living as you age studyJenna Borok
Department of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:1296-302. 2013..To understand characteristics of older at-risk drinkers and reasons why they decide to change or maintain their alcohol consumption...