Hung Wen Lin
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Fatty acid methyl esters and Solutol HS 15 confer neuroprotection after focal and global cerebral ischemiaHung Wen Lin
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Laboratories, Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Medical Campus, Locator D4 5, 1420 N W 9th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
Transl Stroke Res 5:109-17. 2014..With proper timing and dosage, administration of Solutol HS15 and PAME/SAME can be an effective therapy against cerebral ischemia...
- The role of fatty acids in the regulation of cerebral vascular function and neuroprotection in ischemiaHung Wen Lin
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1420 NW 9th Ave, Miami, FL 33136, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 12:316-24. 2013..This review investigates fatty acids such as palmitic acid methyl ester, α-linolenic acid, and docosahexaenoic acid as novel vasoactive substances that can modulate cerebral blood flow as well as offer neuroprotection after ischemia...
- Protein kinase C delta modulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase after cardiac arrestHung Wen Lin
Department of Neurology, Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Laboratories, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Two Story Laboratory TSL, Medical Campus, Miami, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 34:613-20. 2014..Protein kinase C delta can depress endothelial NOS blunting CBF resulting in hypoperfusion, but can be reversed with δV1-1 improving brain perfusion, thus providing subsequent neuroprotection after ACA...
- Activation of protein kinase C delta following cerebral ischemia leads to release of cytochrome C from the mitochondria via bad pathwayKunjan R Dave
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22057. 2011..The goal of the present study was to determine the mechanisms involved in post-ischemic activation of protein kinase c delta (δPKC) that lead to cytochrome c release...
- Signal transducers and activators of transcription: STATs-mediated mitochondrial neuroprotectionHung Wen Lin
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 14:1853-61. 2011....
- Pathways for ischemic cytoprotection: role of sirtuins in caloric restriction, resveratrol, and ischemic preconditioningKahlilia C Morris
Department of Neurology, Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:1003-19. 2011..This review will include in-depth analyses of the roles of CR, resveratrol, and IPC in activating sirtuins and in mediating protection against ischemic damage in the heart and brain...
- Resveratrol and ischemic preconditioning in the brainAmi P Raval
Department of Neurology, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Med Chem 15:1545-51. 2008..In this review, we will examine common signaling pathways, cellular targets of resveratrol, and ischemic preconditioning-induced neuroprotection as it relates to the brain...