Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Trajectories of combined laboratory- and real world-based speed of processing in community-dwelling older adultsFeng Lin
School of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center, HWH 2W128, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:364-73. 2013....
- Longitudinal relationships between subjective fatigue, cognitive function, and everyday functioning in old ageFeng Lin
School of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 25:275-85. 2013..The present study examined the prospective relationships between subjective fatigue, cognitive function, and everyday functioning...
- Caring for older adults with mild cognitive impairment: an update for nursesFeng Lin
School of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center, HWH 2W128, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 38:22-35; quiz 36-7. 2012..This update provides research evidence to inform nursing practice of MCI care...
- Illness representations in older adults with mild cognitive impairmentFeng Lin
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 5:195-206. 2012..There were few significant correlates of beliefs. People with MCI are able to report their beliefs about their illness, suggesting that misconceptions and gaps in knowledge can be identified and addressed with nursing interventions...
- Effect of leisure activities on inflammation and cognitive function in an aging sampleFeng Lin
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Helen Wood Hall, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 54:e398-404. 2012..It is important to develop strategies to facilitate engagement in these activities from midlife...
- Role of older adult's illness schemata in coping with mild cognitive impairmentFeng Lin
School of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center, United States
J Psychosom Res 72:357-63. 2012..1) To describe the illness representations of older persons with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI); 2) to describe how older adults cope with MCI; 3) to examine the relationships between illness representations and coping...
- Awareness of memory abilities in community-dwelling older adults with suspected dementia and mild cognitive impairmentFeng Lin
School of Nursing, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 30:83-92. 2010....
- Neuroplasticity and successful cognitive aging: a brief overview for nursingDavid E Vance
School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 44:218-27. 2012..From this review, a working knowledge of how neuroplasticity and cognitive reserve are expressed in patients will be provided along with how this information can be incorporated into nursing practice and research...