Affiliation: University of Miami
- Forebrain ischemia triggers GABAergic system degeneration in substantia nigra at chronic stages in ratsB Lin
Department of Neurology D4 5, Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, P O Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cardiovasc Psychiatry Neurol 2010:506952. 2010..2 sec versus 11.8 ± 5.4 sec; sham versus ischemia, p < .05, n = 5, and 7, resp.). Our results demonstrate delayed impairment of the GABAergic system components in SN and associated with movement deficits after global ischemia...
- Encephalopathy: a vicious cascade following forebrain ischemia and hypoxiaBaowan Lin
Department of Neurology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem 13:57-70. 2013..A combination of protecting endothelia, inhibiting platelet activity and improving cerebral circulation is a fundamental strategy to block this vicious cascade, thereby ameliorating or preventing the encephalopathy...
- Polyphenols and neuroprotection against ischemia and neurodegenerationB Lin
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Mini Rev Med Chem 11:1222-38. 2011..Pharmacology of the 7 herbs and their major relative polyphenols is depicted in the article...
- Quantitative analysis of microvascular alterations in traumatic brain injury by endothelial barrier antigen immunohistochemistryB Lin
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Neurotrauma 18:389-97. 2001....
- Transient changes of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA expression in hippocampus during moderate ischemia induced by chronic bilateral common carotid artery occlusions in the ratR Schmidt-Kastner
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 92:157-66. 2001..Prolonged moderate ischemia (oligemia) is a sufficient stimulus for BDNF gene expression in the hippocampus. These molecular studies provide direct evidence for an involvement of the hippocampus in the BCCAO model...