Daniel A Lim
Affiliation: University of California
- Safety and feasibility of switching from phenytoin to levetiracetam monotherapy for glioma-related seizure control following craniotomy: a randomized phase II pilot studyDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Neurooncol 93:349-54. 2009..A large-scale, double-blinded, randomized control trial of LEV versus PHT is required to determine seizure control equivalence and better assess differences in SEs...
- Chromatin remodelling factor Mll1 is essential for neurogenesis from postnatal neural stem cellsDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Street M779, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 458:529-33. 2009..These data support a model in which Mll1 is required to resolve key silenced bivalent loci in postnatal neural precursors to the actively transcribed state for the induction of neurogenesis, but not for gliogenesis...
- Relationship of glioblastoma multiforme to neural stem cell regions predicts invasive and multifocal tumor phenotypeDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuro Oncol 9:424-9. 2007..Our MRI-based classification of GBMs may further our understanding of GBM histogenesis and help predict tumor recurrence pattern...
- Multiple target deep brain stimulation for multiple sclerosis related and poststroke Holmes' tremorDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 85:144-9. 2007..Three recent case reports have suggested that simultaneous stimulation of multiple thalamic targets can result in sustained improvement in such cases...
- The adult neural stem cell niche: lessons for future neural cell replacement strategiesDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Street, M779, Box 0112, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 18:81-92, ix. 2007..Lessons learned from these niches may allow one to manipulate NSCs better in culture for therapeutic transplantation and possibly even to mobilize endogenous precursors to repair diseased or injured brain...
- In vivo transcriptional profile analysis reveals RNA splicing and chromatin remodeling as prominent processes for adult neurogenesisDaniel A Lim
Department of Neurological Surgery and Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:131-48. 2006....
- Novel treatment strategies for malignant gliomas using neural stem cellsMichael C Oh
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0112, USA
Neurotherapeutics 6:458-64. 2009..These studies and others on the basic biology of both BTSCs and NSCs will be crucial to expanding our treatment strategies for malignant gliomas...
- Asymmetry-defective oligodendrocyte progenitors are glioma precursorsSista Sugiarto
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, USA
Cancer Cell 20:328-40. 2011..Regulators of asymmetric cell division are misexpressed in low-grade oligodendrogliomas. Our results identify loss of asymmetric division associated with the neoplastic transformation of OPC...
- miR-124 and miR-137 inhibit proliferation of glioblastoma multiforme cells and induce differentiation of brain tumor stem cellsJoachim Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Med 6:14. 2008..In this study, we investigated the role of microRNAs in regulating the differentiation and proliferation of neural stem cells and glioblastoma-multiforme tumor cells...
- For the long run: maintaining germinal niches in the adult brainArturo Alvarez-Buylla
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 USA
Neuron 41:683-6. 2004..The adult neurogenic niches can be viewed as "displaced" neuroepithelium, pockets of cells and local signals that preserve enough embryonic character to maintain neurogenesis for life...
- Normalization, bias correction, and peak calling for ChIP-seqAaron Diaz
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol 11:Article 9. 2012..The proposed method of determining a cell type-specific null model, which accounts for cell type-specific biases, is shown to be capable of achieving a lower false discovery rate at a given significance threshold than current methods...
- Neural stem cell engraftment and myelination in the human brainNalin Gupta
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Sci Transl Med 4:155ra137. 2012..These phase 1 findings indicate a favorable safety profile for HuCNS-SCs in subjects with PMD. The MRI results suggest durable cell engraftment and donor-derived myelin in the transplanted host white matter...
- Oscillations in sensorimotor cortex in movement disorders: an electrocorticography studyAndrea L Crowell
Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Brain 135:615-30. 2012..This is the first study of sensorimotor cortex local field potentials in the three most common movement disorders...
- Future directions: use of interventional MRI for cell-based therapy of Parkinson diseaseJoshua Roskom
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M779, Box 0112, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 20:211-8. 2009....
- Telomerase activity in the subventricular zone of adult miceGregg L Caporaso
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 23:693-702. 2003..We conclude that telomerase is active in neural precursor cells of the adult mouse and suggest that its regulation is an important parameter for cellular proliferation to occur in the mammalian brain...
- Investigating the use of primary adult subventricular zone neural precursor cells for neuronal replacement therapiesDaniel A Lim
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res Bull 57:759-64. 2002..In this review, we outline some of these hurdles and discuss recent experiments that investigate the potential of using neural precursor cells found in the subventricular zone of the adult brain for brain repair...
- Multipotent neural stem cells reside into the rostral extension and olfactory bulb of adult rodentsAngela Gritti
Institute for Stem Cell Research, Department of Biotechnology, San Raffaele Hospital, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 22:437-45. 2002..These findings demonstrate that stem cells are not confined to the forebrain periventricular region and indicate that stem cells endowed with different functional characteristics occur at different levels of the SVZ-RE pathway...
- Sonic hedgehog controls stem cell behavior in the postnatal and adult brainVeronica Palma
The Skirball Institute, NYU School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 132:335-44. 2005....
- Chromatin-based cellular memory in neural stem cellsDaniel Lim; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, our studies may lead to discoveries of how derangements in chromatin remodeling can lead to the development of brain tumors. ..