Affiliation: University of California
- The economics of smoking and cardiovascular diseaseJames Lightwood
School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 46:39-78. 2003..Observational studies of the direct medical costs following cessation in those observed to quit show a reduction utilization, but which may occur only after a lag of three to five years...
- Adolescent overweight and future adult coronary heart diseaseKirsten Bibbins-Domingo
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2371-9. 2007..The effect of adolescent overweight on future adult coronary heart disease (CHD) is not known...
- Comparing impact and cost-effectiveness of primary prevention strategies for lipid-loweringMark J Pletcher
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
Ann Intern Med 150:243-54. 2009..Lipid-lowering therapy is costly but effective at reducing coronary heart disease (CHD) risk...
- Effect of the Arizona tobacco control program on cigarette consumption and healthcare expendituresJames Lightwood
University of California, School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, 3333 California Street, Suite 420, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Soc Sci Med 72:166-72. 2011..This return on investment, while large, was less than the more aggressive California program, which did not limit its focus to youth and included tobacco industry denomalization messages...
- Evaluation of value-based insurance design with a large retail employerYoona A Kim
School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:682-90. 2011..To measure adherence and assess medical utilization among employees enrolled in a disease management (DM) program offering copayment waivers (value-based insurance design [VBID])...
- Forecasting the future economic burden of current adolescent overweight: an estimate of the coronary heart disease policy modelJames Lightwood
School of Pharmacy, Department of Medicine, University of California, 3333 California St, Suite 420, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2230-7. 2009..We predicted the future economic burden attributable to high rates of current adolescent overweight...