Kathleen C Light
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Dysregulation of leukocyte gene expression in women with medication-refractory depression versus healthy non-depressed controlsEli Iacob
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Psychiatry 13:273. 2013..Thus medication-refractory female patients are a large, under-served, group where new biological targets for intervention are greatly needed...
- Differing leukocyte gene expression profiles associated with fatigue in patients with prostate cancer versus chronic fatigue syndromeKathleen C Light
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:2983-95. 2013....
- Evidence for a heritable predisposition to Chronic Fatigue SyndromeFrederick Albright
Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center, Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, USA
BMC Neurol 11:62. 2011....
- Adrenergic dysregulation and pain with and without acute beta-blockade in women with fibromyalgia and temporomandibular disorderKathleen C Light
Health Sciences Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Pain 10:542-52. 2009..In both FMS and TMD, the number of painful body sites and ratings of total clinical pain obtained 4 times during each session were significantly lower after beta-blockade vs placebo...
- Differences in metabolite-detecting, adrenergic, and immune gene expression after moderate exercise in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, patients with multiple sclerosis, and healthy controlsAndrea T White
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, 30 N 1900 E, Room 3C444, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2501, USA
Psychosom Med 74:46-54. 2012....
- Severity of symptom flare after moderate exercise is linked to cytokine activity in chronic fatigue syndromeAndrea T White
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Psychophysiology 47:615-24. 2010..05). Thus, in CFS, cytokine activity may vary directly with SF, which may explain prior inconsistent findings...
- Levels of fatigue and distress in senior prostate cancer survivors enrolled in a 12-week randomized controlled trial of QigongRebecca A Campo
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Cancer Surviv 8:60-9. 2014..This 12-week randomized controlled trial examined the feasibility and efficacy of a Qigong intervention for improving older prostate cancer survivors' levels of fatigue and distress...
- Exogenously applied muscle metabolites synergistically evoke sensations of muscle fatigue and pain in human subjectsKelly A Pollak
University of Utah, Department of Anesthesiology 3C444 SOM, 30N 1900E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Exp Physiol 99:368-80. 2014..This is the first demonstration in humans that metabolites normally produced by exercise act in combination to activate sensory neurons that signal sensations of fatigue and muscle pain...
- Moderate exercise increases expression for sensory, adrenergic, and immune genes in chronic fatigue syndrome patients but not in normal subjectsAlan R Light
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2304, USA
J Pain 10:1099-112. 2009..These new findings suggest dysregulation of metabolite detecting receptors as well as SNS and IS in CFS and CFS-FMS...
- The quality of spouses' social networks contributes to each other's cardiovascular riskBert N Uchino
Department of Psychology and Health Psychology Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71881. 2013..In this study we tested whether the quality of a partner's social networks influenced one's own ambulatory blood pressure (ABP)...
- Feasibility and acceptability of a Tai Chi Chih randomized controlled trial in senior female cancer survivorsRebecca A Campo
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 12:464-74. 2013....
- Cellular aging and restorative processes: subjective sleep quality and duration moderate the association between age and telomere length in a sample of middle-aged and older adultsMatthew R Cribbet
Department of Psychology and Health Psychology Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Sleep 37:65-70. 2014..To examine whether subjective sleep quality and sleep duration moderate the association between age and telomere length (TL)...
- Absence of XMRV retrovirus and other murine leukemia virus-related viruses in patients with chronic fatigue syndromeClifford H Shin
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 15 North Medical Drive East, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Virol 85:7195-202. 2011..Our findings do not support an association between CFS and MLV-related viruses, including XMRV, and the off-label use of antiretrovirals for the treatment of CFS does not seem justified at present...
- Antidepressant and neurocognitive effects of isoflurane anesthesia versus electroconvulsive therapy in refractory depressionHoward R Weeks
Department of Psychiatry, University Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e69809. 2013..Our aim was to re-examine whether isoflurane has antidepressant effects comparable to ECT, with less adverse effects on cognition...
- Effects of couple interactions and relationship quality on plasma oxytocin and cardiovascular reactivity: empirical findings and methodological considerationsTimothy W Smith
University of Utah, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 88:271-81. 2013..However, findings were consistent with the view that CVR contributes to the effects of relationship difficulties on health...