Kathleen C Light
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Evidence for a heritable predisposition to Chronic Fatigue SyndromeFrederick Albright
Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center, Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, USA
BMC Neurol 11:62. 2011....
- Adrenergic dysregulation and pain with and without acute beta-blockade in women with fibromyalgia and temporomandibular disorderKathleen C Light
Health Sciences Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Pain 10:542-52. 2009..In both FMS and TMD, the number of painful body sites and ratings of total clinical pain obtained 4 times during each session were significantly lower after beta-blockade vs placebo...
- Differences in metabolite-detecting, adrenergic, and immune gene expression after moderate exercise in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, patients with multiple sclerosis, and healthy controlsAndrea T White
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, 30 N 1900 E, Room 3C444, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2501, USA
Psychosom Med 74:46-54. 2012....
- Severity of symptom flare after moderate exercise is linked to cytokine activity in chronic fatigue syndromeAndrea T White
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Psychophysiology 47:615-24. 2010..05). Thus, in CFS, cytokine activity may vary directly with SF, which may explain prior inconsistent findings...
- Absence of XMRV retrovirus and other murine leukemia virus-related viruses in patients with chronic fatigue syndromeClifford H Shin
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 15 North Medical Drive East, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Virol 85:7195-202. 2011..Our findings do not support an association between CFS and MLV-related viruses, including XMRV, and the off-label use of antiretrovirals for the treatment of CFS does not seem justified at present...
- The Quality of Spouses' Social Networks Contributes to Each Other's Cardiovascular RiskBert N Uchino
Department of Psychology and Health Psychology Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71881. 2013..In this study we tested whether the quality of a partner's social networks influenced one's own ambulatory blood pressure (ABP)...
- Effects of couple interactions and relationship quality on plasma oxytocin and cardiovascular reactivity: empirical findings and methodological considerationsTimothy W Smith
University of Utah, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 88:271-81. 2013..However, findings were consistent with the view that CVR contributes to the effects of relationship difficulties on health...
- Moderate exercise increases expression for sensory, adrenergic, and immune genes in chronic fatigue syndrome patients but not in normal subjectsAlan R Light
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2304, USA
J Pain 10:1099-112. 2009..These findings suggest possible new causes, points for intervention, and objective biomarkers for these disorders...