Alan R Light
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Evidence for a heritable predisposition to Chronic Fatigue SyndromeFrederick Albright
Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center, Department of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, USA
BMC Neurol 11:62. 2011....
- Dorsal root ganglion neurons innervating skeletal muscle respond to physiological combinations of protons, ATP, and lactate mediated by ASIC, P2X, and TRPV1Alan R Light
Department of Anethesiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2304, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:1184-201. 2008..We further conclude that the adequate stimuli for muscle metaboreceptors and nociceptors are combinations of protons, ATP, and lactate...
- Gene expression alterations at baseline and following moderate exercise in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia SyndromeA R Light
Department of Anesthesiology The Brain Institute Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Intern Med 271:64-81. 2012....
- Moderate exercise increases expression for sensory, adrenergic, and immune genes in chronic fatigue syndrome patients but not in normal subjectsAlan R Light
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2304, USA
J Pain 10:1099-112. 2009..These findings suggest possible new causes, points for intervention, and objective biomarkers for these disorders...
- Differences in metabolite-detecting, adrenergic, and immune gene expression after moderate exercise in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, patients with multiple sclerosis, and healthy controlsAndrea T White
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Utah, 30 N 1900 E, Room 3C444, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2501, USA
Psychosom Med 74:46-54. 2012....
- Neuroactive diol and acyloin metabolites from cone snail-associated bacteriaZhenjian Lin
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, L S Skaggs Pharmacy Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:4867-9. 2013..No neuroactivity had previously been reported for compounds in this structural class. Gordonia species have been reproducibly isolated from four different cone snail species, indicating a consistent association between these organisms. ..
- A bacterial source for mollusk pyrone polyketidesZhenjian Lin
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Chem Biol 20:73-81. 2013..The natural roles of nocapyrones are unknown, but they are active in neurological assays, revealing that mollusks with external shells are an overlooked source of secondary metabolite diversity...
- Activation of transient receptor potential ankyrin-1 (TRPA1) in lung cells by wood smoke particulate materialDarien Shapiro
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, 30 S 2000 E, Room 201 Skaggs Hall, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, United States
Chem Res Toxicol 26:750-8. 2013....
- Severity of symptom flare after moderate exercise is linked to cytokine activity in chronic fatigue syndromeAndrea T White
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Psychophysiology 47:615-24. 2010..05). Thus, in CFS, cytokine activity may vary directly with SF, which may explain prior inconsistent findings...
- Electrophilic components of diesel exhaust particles (DEP) activate transient receptor potential ankyrin-1 (TRPA1): a probable mechanism of acute pulmonary toxicity for DEPCassandra E Deering-Rice
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, United States
Chem Res Toxicol 24:950-9. 2011..It is concluded that TRPA1 is a specific target for electrophilic chemical components of DEP and proposed that activation of TRPA1 in the respiratory tract is likely to be an important mechanism for DEP pneumotoxicity...
- Absence of XMRV retrovirus and other murine leukemia virus-related viruses in patients with chronic fatigue syndromeClifford H Shin
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 15 North Medical Drive East, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Virol 85:7195-202. 2011..Our findings do not support an association between CFS and MLV-related viruses, including XMRV, and the off-label use of antiretrovirals for the treatment of CFS does not seem justified at present...
- Totopotensamides, polyketide-cyclic peptide hybrids from a mollusk-associated bacterium Streptomyces spZhenjian Lin
College of Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Nat Prod 75:644-9. 2012..The application of Marfey's method to phenylglycine derivatives was explored using quantum mechanical calculations and NMR...
- Functional profiling of neurons through cellular neuropharmacologyRussell W Teichert
Department of Biology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:1388-95. 2012....
- Microhabitats within venomous cone snails contain diverse actinobacteriaOlivier Peraud
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:6820-6. 2009..This suggests that cone snails may represent an underexplored reservoir of novel actinomycetes of potential interest for drug discovery...