Thomas M Lietman
Affiliation: University of California
- Global elimination of trachoma: how frequently should we administer mass chemotherapy?T Lietman
The F I Proctor Foundation and the Department of Ophthalmology, The University of California San Francisco, USA
Nat Med 5:572-6. 1999..We recommend, based on our analysis, that in areas where trachoma is moderately prevalent (<35% in children), it should be treated annually, but hyperendemic areas (>50% in children), it should be treated biannually...
- Travel and implications for the elimination of trachoma in ethiopiaNeelima A Shah
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 17:113-7. 2010..Seven hundred and seventeen households with at least one child aged 1-5 years in 48 villages were surveyed to collect the details of travel in 1 month prior to the survey...
- Childhood mortality in a cohort treated with mass azithromycin for trachomaJeremy D Keenan
F I Proctor Foundation, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:883-8. 2011..Here, we monitor a large cohort in which almost 90% of individuals received azithromycin. We assess whether receiving treatment is associated with reduced all-cause and infectious childhood mortality...
- Topical fluoroquinolone use as a risk factor for in vitro fluoroquinolone resistance in ocular culturesRobert E Fintelmann
Francis I Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:399-402. 2011..To determine whether recent use of topical fluoroquinolones is a risk factor for in vitro fluoroquinolone resistance in Staphylococcus aureus ocular isolates...
- The Steroids for Cornea Ulcers TrialThomas Lietman; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) To determine whether the addition of topical steroids results in a higher frequency of adverse outcomes. 3) To determine whether outcomes depend on the organism. ..
- Predicting Resistance: Validating Mathematical ModelsThomas Lietman; Fiscal Year: 2004..3. To test the validity of mathematical models by determining the prevalence of pneumococcal resistance empirically after multiple mass distributions. ..
- Eliminating trachoma with repeat mass drug treatmentThomas Lietman; Fiscal Year: 2007..To determine whether children form a core group for the transmission of trachoma. Can treatment targeted to children alone eventually eliminate infection in the entire community? ..