Jane L Liesveld
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Acute myelogenous leukemia--microenvironment interactions: role of endothelial cells and proteasome inhibitionJane L Liesveld
University of Rochester, University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Medicine and the James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hematology 10:483-94. 2005..These studies demonstrate that AML is subject to influence of endothelial cells and of agents such as bortezomib which have potential impact on AML interaction with the microenvironmental niche...
- Proteasome inhibition in myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myelogenous leukemia cell linesJane L Liesveld
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA jane
Cancer Invest 29:439-50. 2011..Combinations with arsenic trioxide, sorafenib, and cytarabine demonstrated synergistic in vitro effects in AML cell lines...
- Effects of AMD3100 on transmigration and survival of acute myelogenous leukemia cellsJane L Liesveld
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Leuk Res 31:1553-63. 2007..This work confirms that AML is influenced by the SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis and demonstrates that disruption of this axis by the bicyclam AMD3100 can influence AML microenvironmental interactions...
- A Phase I trial: dose escalation of melphalan in the "BEAM" regimen using amifostine cytoprotectionGordon L Phillips
Hematology Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1033-42. 2011..A Phase II trial is planned...
- The hematopoietic stem cell in myelodysplasiaJane L Liesveld
Leukemia Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Rochester, NY, USA
Stem Cells 22:590-9. 2004....
- Rapid and selective death of leukemia stem and progenitor cells induced by the compound 4-benzyl, 2-methyl, 1,2,4-thiadiazolidine, 3,5 dione (TDZD-8)Monica L Guzman
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood 110:4436-44. 2007..We conclude that TDZD-8 uses a unique and previously unknown mechanism to rapidly target leukemia cells, including malignant stem and progenitor populations...
- Optimal cytokine stimulation for the enhanced generation of leukemic dendritic cells in short-term cultureNicki Panoskaltsis
The University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Oncology Unit, Box 610, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Leuk Res 26:191-201. 2002..Optimal growth and DC characteristics were obtained with GM-CSF, FL, and SCF in 3-5 day cultures, suggesting a practical strategy for the immunotherapy of leukemia...
- Flavonoid effects on normal and leukemic cellsJane L Liesveld
Department of Medicine, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Leuk Res 27:517-27. 2003..These flavonoid compounds might find use in various therapeutic settings in AML...
- Apoptosis and complement-mediated lysis of myeloma cells by polyclonal rabbit antithymocyte globulinMartin S Zand
Division of Nephrology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 675, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood 107:2895-903. 2006..We conclude that rATG is an effective agent for in vitro induction of apoptosis in multiple myeloma, and that exploratory clinical trials may be warranted...
- Oral valacyclovir versus intravenous acyclovir in preventing herpes simplex virus infections in autologous stem cell transplant recipientsJane L Liesveld
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:662-5. 2002..This study demonstrates the feasibility and significant cost savings of using oral VAL for HSV prophylaxis...
- Isodicentric Philadelphia chromosomes in imatinib mesylate (Gleevec)-resistant patientsChristine M Szych
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Avenue, P O Box 704, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 174:132-7. 2007..The impact of the isodicentric Philadelphia chromosomes on genomic instability, heterogeneity, and amplification of the Philadelphia chromosomes in IM-resistant patients is discussed...
- Rapid method for detection of mutations in the nucleophosmin gene in acute myeloid leukemiaTodd S Laughlin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:338-45. 2008..Using a 100 nmol/L concentration of the LNA clamp, NPM1 mutations were detectable in a 10-fold excess of wild-type DNA. This assay may be valuable for screening disease specimens...