Affiliation: University of Wyoming
- When and why carbohydrate restriction can be a viable optionMichael Liebman
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Human Nutrition, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA Electronic address
Nutrition 30:748-54. 2014..This type of dietary pattern would likely lead to favorable changes in the aforementioned cardiovascular disease risk factors, while minimizing the potential negatives associated with consumption of the more restrictive LCDs. ..
- Acute probiotic ingestion reduces gastrointestinal oxalate absorption in healthy subjectsIsmail Al-Wahsh
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Urol Res 40:191-6. 2012....
- Probiotics and other key determinants of dietary oxalate absorptionMichael Liebman
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Human Nutrition, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Adv Nutr 2:254-60. 2011..Studies that have assessed the efficacy of oral ingestion of probiotics that provide bacteria with oxalate-degrading capacity have led to promising but generally mixed results, and this remains a fertile area for future studies...
- Effect of dietary calcium on urinary oxalate excretion after oxalate loadsM Liebman
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Nutrition, University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 65:1453-9. 1997..Calcium carbonate and CCM were equally effective in this regard and a minimum of 200 mg elemental Ca maximized this effect in conjunction with an oxalic acid intake of 198 mg...
- Dietary intake, eating behavior, and physical activity-related determinants of high body mass index in rural communities in Wyoming, Montana, and IdahoM Liebman
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Human Nutrition, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:684-92. 2003....
- Promoting healthy weight: lessons learned from WIN the Rockies and other key studiesMichael Liebman
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Wyoming Cooperative Extension Service, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 37:S95-100. 2005....
- Reduced asthma symptoms with n-3 fatty acid ingestion are related to 5-series leukotriene productionK S Broughton
Nutrition Department of Family and Consumer Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 65:1011-7. 1997..A urinary ratio of 4-series to 5-series leukotrienes < 1, induced by n-3 PUFA ingestion, may predict respiratory benefit...
- Iron status in cyclists during high-intensity interval training and recoveryJ G Wilkinson
Human Energy Research Laboratory, Division of Kinesiology and Health, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071, USA
Int J Sports Med 23:544-8. 2002..These results suggest that 6 weeks of high-intensity interval training can reduce iron stores. It is possible that this reduction in iron stores over time could adversely affect aerobic cycling performance...
- Ascorbate increases human oxaluria and kidney stone riskLinda K Massey
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Washington State University, Spokane, WA, USA
J Nutr 135:1673-7. 2005..391 +/- 71 micromol/d N). The 1000 mg AA twice each day increased urinary oxalate and TRI for calcium oxalate kidney stones in 40% of participants, both stoneformers and non-stoneformers...