Steven A Lieberman
Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Comprehensive changes in the learning environment: subsequent step 1 scores of academically at-risk studentsSteven A Lieberman
The University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 0133, USA
Acad Med 83:S49-52. 2008..During the past 10 years at our institution, a number of changes have been instituted in the learning environment, including instructional techniques, assessment methods, academic support, and explicit board preparation...
- Effects of comprehensive educational reforms on academic success in a diverse student bodySteven A Lieberman
Office of Academic Affairs, School of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0133, USA
Med Educ 44:1232-40. 2010..Published innovations in curricula, academic support and pipeline programmes usually describe isolated interventions that fail to affect curriculum-level outcomes...
- Testosterone administration to older men improves muscle function: molecular and physiological mechanismsArny A Ferrando
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E601-7. 2002..We conclude that physiological and near-physiological increases of testosterone in older men will increase muscle protein anabolism and muscle strength...
- Introduction of patient video clips into computer-based testing: effects on item statistics and reliability estimatesSteven A Lieberman
Acad Med 78:S48-51. 2003..Using patient video clips to evaluate examinees' skills in interpreting physical examination findings is possible with computer-based testing, but the psychometric properties of video-based questions are unknown...
- Effect of curriculum reform on students' preparedness for clinical clerkships: a comparison of three curricular approaches in one schoolAnn W Frye
Office of Educational Development, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0408, USA
Acad Med 77:S54-7. 2002
- The relationships between testosterone, body composition, and insulin resistance: a lesson from a case of extreme hyperandrogenismElena Volpi
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555-0460, USA
Diabetes Care 28:429-32. 2005