M A Lieberman
Affiliation: University of California
- The effects of family conflict resolution and decision making on the provision of help for an elder with Alzheimer's diseaseM A Lieberman
Center for Health and Community, University of California San Francisco 94118, USA
Gerontologist 39:159-66. 1999..These data suggest the importance of the family system of care in disease management...
- The effects of nursing home placement on family caregivers of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseM A Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Gerontologist 41:819-26. 2001..This study sought to determine the effects of nursing home placement (NHP) for patients with Alzheimer's disease, compared to maintaining community placement, on changes in family caregiver health and well-being over time...
- Not all negative emotions are equal: the role of emotional expression in online support groups for women with breast cancerMorton A Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 0848, USA
Psychooncology 15:160-8. 2006..Our results serve to challenge the commonly held belief that the expression of all negative emotions are beneficial for BC patients. Instead, expressing specific negative emotions are beneficial, while others are not...
- Self-help on-line: an outcome evaluation of breast cancer bulletin boardsMorton A Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco 94118 0848, USA
J Health Psychol 10:855-62. 2005..These boards are of particular interest because they are free, accessible and support comes from peers and not from professional facilitators...
- Online support groups for Parkinson's patients: a pilot study of effectivenessMorton A Lieberman
University of California, 3333 California St, box 0824, Suite 475, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Soc Work Health Care 42:23-38. 2005..Dropouts (39%) were high. Overall, patients showed improved quality of life; no overall changes were observed in depression. Participants in the homogenous groups reported a significant decrease in depression...
- A longitudinal study of predictors of nursing home placement for patients with dementia: the contribution of family characteristicsL Fisher
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Gerontologist 39:677-86. 1999..The findings argue that a careful examination of the multigeneration family should increase the prediction of NHP and the relevance of services offered to these families...
- Electronic support groups for breast carcinoma: a clinical trial of effectivenessMorton A Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Cancer 97:920-5. 2003..However, to the authors' knowledge, no studies published to date have examined the impact of a breast carcinoma ESG in a clinical trial...
- Psychological characteristics of people with Parkinson's disease who prematurely drop out of professionally led Internet chat support groupsMorton A Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco, Mill Valley, California 94941, USA
Cyberpsychol Behav 10:741-8. 2007..35, (6,63), p=0.03. People who dropped out demonstrated higher death and shame anxiety. A number of possible designs for online groups that may reduce premature attrition are discussed...
- Gender and online cancer support groups: issues facing male cancer patientsMorton A Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Cancer Educ 23:167-71. 2008..Three hypotheses were tested; men compared to women express fewer negative emotions, especially about their cancer, and men experience more fear and apprehension...