Alicia F Lieberman
Affiliation: University of California
- The treatment of attachment disorder in infancy and early childhood: reflections from clinical intervention with later-adopted foster care childrenAlicia F Lieberman
Attach Hum Dev 5:279-82. 2003
- Giving voice to the unsayable: repairing the effects of trauma in infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
Irving B Harris Endowed Chair in Infant Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 305 Cape Court, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:707-20. 2009..Clinical illustrations are provided to demonstrate how this intervention is conducted and to consider how it might effect therapeutic change...
- Infants and young children in military families: a conceptual model for interventionAlicia F Lieberman
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 16:282-93. 2013..The article also describes interventions that may be helpful in supporting military families and their children with the specific challenges they face. ..
- Trauma in early childhood: empirical evidence and clinical implicationsAlicia F Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0852, USA
Dev Psychopathol 23:397-410. 2011..We conclude with a discussion of the implications of current knowledge about trauma exposure for clinical practice and public policy and with recommendations for future research. ..
- Child-parent psychotherapy: 6-month follow-up of a randomized controlled trialAlicia F Lieberman
Child Trauma Research Project, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:913-8. 2006..To examine the durability of improvement in child and maternal symptoms 6 months after termination of child-parent psychotherapy (CPP)...
- Mothers' Adult Attachment Interview ratings predict preschool children's IQ following domestic violence exposureAmy L Busch
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Attach Hum Dev 12:505-27. 2010..This suggests that clinical interventions for children exposed to domestic violence should include helping their mothers achieve coherent ways of thinking about their own childhood experiences, including past trauma...
- Traumatic and stressful events in early childhood: can treatment help those at highest risk?Chandra Ghosh Ippen
Child Trauma Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Child Abuse Negl 35:504-13. 2011....
- Toward evidence-based treatment: child-parent psychotherapy with preschoolers exposed to marital violenceAlicia F Lieberman
Child Trauma Research Project, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco CA 94110, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1241-8. 2005..Treatment outcome for preschool-age children exposed to marital violence was assessed, comparing the efficacy of Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) with case management plus treatment as usual in the community...
- Still searching for the best interests of the child: trauma treatment in infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Psychoanal Study Child 62:211-38. 2007..These advances are contrasted with the persistent gap between the urgent needs of maltreated children and their families and the availability of services designed to support their mental health...
- The impact of trauma: a developmental framework for infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
University of California at San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Pediatr Ann 36:209-15. 2007
- Preschooler witnesses of marital violence: predictors and mediators of child behavior problemsAlicia F Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Dev Psychopathol 17:385-96. 2005....
- Clinical implications of traumatic stress from birth to age fiveAnn T Chu
Child Trauma Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 6:469-94. 2010..Future directions in research and clinical practice as well as implications for policy are discussed...
- In the best interests of societyWilliam W Harris
Children s Research and Education Institute, Belmont, MA, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:392-411. 2007....
- The long-term consequences of early childhood trauma: a case study and discussionJulie B Kaplow
John Jay College of Criminal Justice CUNY in New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychiatry 69:362-75. 2006..This case illustrates the dramatic impact that "preverbal" traumatic memories can have on children's later functioning and speaks to the importance of assisting very young children in the immediate aftermath of traumatic events...