Alicia F Lieberman
Affiliation: University of California
- The treatment of attachment disorder in infancy and early childhood: reflections from clinical intervention with later-adopted foster care childrenAlicia F Lieberman
Attach Hum Dev 5:279-82. 2003
- Giving voice to the unsayable: repairing the effects of trauma in infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
Irving B Harris Endowed Chair in Infant Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 305 Cape Court, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:707-20. 2009..Clinical illustrations are provided to demonstrate how this intervention is conducted and to consider how it might effect therapeutic change...
- Infants and young children in military families: a conceptual model for interventionAlicia F Lieberman
San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 16:282-93. 2013..The article also describes interventions that may be helpful in supporting military families and their children with the specific challenges they face. ..
- Trauma in early childhood: empirical evidence and clinical implicationsAlicia F Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0852, USA
Dev Psychopathol 23:397-410. 2011..We conclude with a discussion of the implications of current knowledge about trauma exposure for clinical practice and public policy and with recommendations for future research. ..
- Child-parent psychotherapy: 6-month follow-up of a randomized controlled trialAlicia F Lieberman
Child Trauma Research Project, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:913-8. 2006..To examine the durability of improvement in child and maternal symptoms 6 months after termination of child-parent psychotherapy (CPP)...
- Traumatic and stressful events in early childhood: can treatment help those at highest risk?Chandra Ghosh Ippen
Child Trauma Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Child Abuse Negl 35:504-13. 2011....
- Toward evidence-based treatment: child-parent psychotherapy with preschoolers exposed to marital violenceAlicia F Lieberman
Child Trauma Research Project, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco CA 94110, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1241-8. 2005..Treatment outcome for preschool-age children exposed to marital violence was assessed, comparing the efficacy of Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) with case management plus treatment as usual in the community...
- The impact of trauma: a developmental framework for infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
University of California at San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Pediatr Ann 36:209-15. 2007
- Mothers' Adult Attachment Interview ratings predict preschool children's IQ following domestic violence exposureAmy L Busch
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Attach Hum Dev 12:505-27. 2010..This suggests that clinical interventions for children exposed to domestic violence should include helping their mothers achieve coherent ways of thinking about their own childhood experiences, including past trauma...
- Preschooler witnesses of marital violence: predictors and mediators of child behavior problemsAlicia F Lieberman
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Dev Psychopathol 17:385-96. 2005....
- Still searching for the best interests of the child: trauma treatment in infancy and early childhoodAlicia F Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Psychoanal Study Child 62:211-38. 2007..These advances are contrasted with the persistent gap between the urgent needs of maltreated children and their families and the availability of services designed to support their mental health...
- Clinical implications of traumatic stress from birth to age fiveAnn T Chu
Child Trauma Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 6:469-94. 2010..Future directions in research and clinical practice as well as implications for policy are discussed...
- In the best interests of societyWilliam W Harris
Children s Research and Education Institute, Belmont, MA, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:392-411. 2007....
- The long-term consequences of early childhood trauma: a case study and discussionJulie B Kaplow
John Jay College of Criminal Justice CUNY in New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychiatry 69:362-75. 2006....