Affiliation: University of Southern California
- A comparison of two scales for assessing health professional students' attitude toward interprofessional learningDésirée Annabel Lie
Department of Family Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Med Educ Online 18:21885. 2013..The discriminatory ability of the two scales has not been directly compared. Comparison of the two will aid educators in selecting the optimal scale...
- Physician assistant students' views regarding interprofessional education: a focus group studyDesiree Lie
Keck School of Medicine Primary Care Physician Assistant Program, University of Southern California, Alhambra, California, USA
J Physician Assist Educ 24:35-41. 2013..The purpose of this study was to identify and report physician assistant (PA) student experiences, learning, and opinions regarding interprofessional education (IPE)...
- "Being the best we can be": medical students' reflections on physician responsibility in the social media eraDesiree Lie
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Acad Med 88:240-5. 2013..To examine attitudes, self-reported behaviors, and intended actions related to medical students' use of online social media after an educational intervention...
- What do health literacy and cultural competence have in common? Calling for a collaborative health professional pedagogyDesiree Lie
Department of Family Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Alhambra, California 91803, USA
J Health Commun 17:13-22. 2012....
- Effective use of interpreters by family nurse practitioner students: is didactic curriculum enough?Susanne J Phillips
Program in Nursing Science, Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 23:233-8. 2011..We report a single school study using standardized encounters within a clinical practice examination (CPX) to assess the adequacy of current curriculum...
- Attributes of effective community preceptors for pre-clerkship medical studentsDesiree Lie
Department of Family Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Med Teach 31:251-9. 2009..We also measured the preceptorships' educational quality, using students' post-rotation data, to identify priority areas for faculty development, corroborate site visit findings, and assess functions of the site visit...
- What do medical students learn from early clinical experiences (ECE)?Desiree Lie
University of California Irvine School of Medicine, California, USA
Med Teach 28:479-82. 2006..Negative learning occurred only rarely (<3%). Student observations from ECE can be used by course managers to design effective early clinical exposures to address specific course learning objectives...
- Group medical visits as a teaching tool in a family medicine clerkshipWadie I Najm
Department of Family Medicine, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Fam Med 41:625-31. 2009..The GMV was part of a 4-week block family medicine clerkship for third-year medical students...
- "That never would have occurred to me": a qualitative study of medical students' views of a cultural competence curriculumJohanna Shapiro
Department of Family Medicine, University of California Irvine, School of Medicine, Rte 81, Bldg 200, 101 City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868, USA
BMC Med Educ 6:31. 2006..More research is needed to better understand both the strengths and shortcomings of existing curricula from the perspective of learners in order to improve training...
- Assessing medical students' skills in working with interpreters during patient encounters: a validation study of the Interpreter ScaleDesiree Lie
Research Faculty Development, Department of Family Medicine, University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine, California 92868, USA
Acad Med 84:643-50. 2009..The absence of available reliable, valid, and practical measures hinders the assessment of these skills; therefore, the authors aimed to construct and validate the Interpreter Scale (IS)...
- A framework for enhancing and assessing cultural competency trainingDesiree Lie
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:486-92. 2009....