M A Lichtman
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- A historical perspective on the development of the cytarabine (7days) and daunorubicin (3days) treatment regimen for acute myelogenous leukemia: 2013 the 40th anniversary of 7+3Marshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Electronic address
Blood Cells Mol Dis 50:119-30. 2013..It is evident to all that new paradigms are needed if acute myelogenous leukemia is to be subdued in most patients with the disease...
- Obesity and the risk for a hematological malignancy: leukemia, lymphoma, or myelomaMarshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, New York 14642 0001, USA
Oncologist 15:1083-101. 2010..Alternatively, obesity may create an environment in which pre-existing clones that are dormant are permitted (selected) to emerge...
- Thrombopoietin in normal and neoplastic stem cell developmentKenneth Kaushansky
University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8811, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 22:495-9. 2009..The c-MPL receptor may also play an important role in the development of human myeloproliferative disorders, essential thrombocythemia, myelofibrosis and polycythemia vera, cooperating with the dysregulated Janus kinase JAK2V(617)F...
- Is there an entity of chemically induced BCR-ABL-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia?Marshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Oncologist 13:645-54. 2008....
- Battling the hematological malignancies: the 200 years' warMarshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
Oncologist 13:126-38. 2008..S., that an investment in minimizing the effects of cancer is as important as defending against other threats to the welfare and longevity of their citizens...
- The productivity and impact of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Scholar Program: the apparent positive effect of peer reviewM A Lichtman
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:1020-7. 2001....
- Uncommon phenotypes of acute myelogenous leukemia: basophilic, mast cell, eosinophilic, and myeloid dendritic cell subtypes: a reviewMarshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:370-83. 2005..We discuss the features of these uncommon phenotypes and review the criteria used for their diagnosis...
- Is it chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis, myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia, chronic megakaryocytic-granulocytic myelosis, or chronic megakaryocytic leukemia? Further thoughts on the nosology of the clonal myeloid disordersM A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0001, USA
Leukemia 19:1139-41. 2005
- Intellectual property--the dispute between research institutions and voluntary health agenciesMarshall A Lichtman
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:385-6. 2004
- Early gene activation in chronic leukemic B lymphocytes induced toward a plasma cell phenotypeGeorge B Segel
Department of Pediatrics, and Unity Health System, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 30:277-87. 2003..These findings suggest that the products of these three genes may be central to early steps in the TPA-induced evolution of CLL B cells to a plasmacytic phenotype...
- The paradox of the neutrophil's role in tissue injuryGeorge B Segel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Leukoc Biol 89:359-72. 2011..In this review, we summarize the evidence for its role as a mediator of tissue injury in these seven conditions, making it or its products potential therapeutic targets...
- Familial (inherited) leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma: an overviewGeorge B Segel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:246-61. 2004....
- Early allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemia in the imatinib era: a preliminary assessmentWilliam Simon
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 37:116-24; discussion 125-7. 2006..The mathematical approach used here permits reexamining the analysis using future data on BCR-ABL inhibitor therapy or allogeneic stem cell transplantation therapy or both...
- Chronic megakaryocytic leukemia, misnamed chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis, has neoplastic not hyperplastic megakaryocytopoiesisMarshall A Lichtman
Blood 110:3085-6. 2007
- The relationship of patient age to the pathobiology of the clonal myeloid diseasesMarshall A Lichtman
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 610, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Semin Oncol 31:185-97. 2004..Agents that reverse inherent cellular drug resistance, farnesyltransferase inhibitors, BCL-2 inhibitors, and FLT3 inhibitors are early examples of such approaches...