Robert P Liberman
Affiliation: University of California
- In vivo amplified skills training: promoting generalization of independent living skills for clients with schizophreniaRobert P Liberman
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA Psych REHAB Program, 300 UCLA Medical Plaza, Ste 2263, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Psychiatry 65:137-55. 2002..Obstacles to success of IVAST may derive from deficits in personal motivation, family involvement, community support, financial resources, premorbid functioning, and medication compliance...
- Stress and coping responses to a natural disaster in people with schizophreniaWilliam P Horan
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Psychiatry Res 151:77-86. 2007..Results support the validity of prior reports of altered responses to stressful life events in schizophrenia and demonstrate the clinical relevance of individual differences in coping among affected individuals...
- Supplementing clinic-based skills training with manual-based community support sessions: effects on social adjustment of patients with schizophreniaShirley M Glynn
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles and Veteran Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 90073, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:829-37. 2002....
- Neurocognitive correlates of recovery from schizophreniaAlex Kopelowicz
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
Psychol Med 35:1165-73. 2005..The purpose of this study was to identify neurocognitive variables associated with recovery from schizophrenia...
- Extensions of errorless learning for social problem-solving deficits in schizophreniaRobert S Kern
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:513-9. 2005..However, errorless learning's applicability to broader, more complex functions is unknown. The present study tested the extension of errorless learning for deficits in social problem-solving skills in patients with schizophrenia...
- Errorless learning for training individuals with schizophrenia at a community mental health setting providing work experienceRobert S Kern
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:807-15. 2009..There were no group differences on self-esteem, job satisfaction, or work stress. The findings provide modest support for the extensions of EL to community settings for enhancing work performance...
- Applications of errorless learning for improving work performance in persons with schizophreniaRobert S Kern
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:1921-6. 2002..The present study tested a training method called errorless learning (which theoretically compensates for neurocognitive impairments) for efficacy at teaching entry-level job tasks to persons with serious and persistent mental illness...
- The neurocognitive effects of low-dose haloperidol: a two-year comparison with risperidoneMichael F Green
Veterans Affairs VISN 22 Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:972-8. 2002..This study examined the neurocognitive effects of low-dose haloperidol compared with risperidone over a 2-year period...
- A controlled trial of cognitive remediation in schizophreniaMark van der Gaag
Parnassia Research Center, Het Spectrum, The Hague, The Netherlands
Schizophr Bull 28:167-76. 2002..While cognitive training programs may improve targeted areas of neurocognitive processing, broad generalization effects to domains outside those targeted for intervention are not likely concomitants...
- Maintenance treatment of schizophrenia with risperidone or haloperidol: 2-year outcomesStephen R Marder
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1405-12. 2003..The authors compared symptom outcomes, side effects, and social adjustment in stable schizophrenia outpatients who received 2 years of maintenance treatment with risperidone or haloperidol...