Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Incorporating model parameter uncertainty into inverse treatment planningJun Lian
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, Stanford, California 94305 5847, USA
Med Phys 31:2711-20. 2004..With the incorporation of the uncertainties, the technique has potential for us to maximally utilize the available radiobiology knowledge for better IMRT treatment...
- Mapping of the prostate in endorectal coil-based MRI/MRSI and CT: a deformable registration and validation studyJ Lian
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Med Phys 31:3087-94. 2004..The technique should be useful to map the MR spectroscopic dataset acquired with ER probe onto the treatment planning CT dataset to guide radiotherapy planning...
- Therapeutic treatment plan optimization with probability density-based dose prescriptionJun Lian
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, California 94305 5304, USA
Med Phys 30:655-66. 2003..The enhanced control over the final plan may greatly facilitate the IMRT treatment planning process...
- Feasibility of breast preserving therapy with single fraction in situ radiotherapy delivered intraoperativelyDavid W Ollila
Department of Surgery, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 3010 Old Clinic Building, CB 7213, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7213, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:660-9. 2007..We adapted the technique of Veronesi to deliver IORT prior to tumor excision to improve delivery to the region at risk and reduce the volume of normal tissue irradiated...
- Ionic mechanisms underlying spontaneous CA1 neuronal firing in Ca2+-free solutionJianwei Shuai
Neural Engineering Center, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Biophys J 84:2099-111. 2003..In particular, it is necessary for the generation of an after-depolarizing potential and prolongs both individual bursts and the interburst interval...
- Control of phase synchronization of neuronal activity in the rat hippocampusJun Lian
Neural Engineering Center, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Neural Eng 1:46-54. 2004..These results show that sub-threshold stimuli are able to phase synchronize or desynchronize two networks and suggest that small signals could play an important role in normal neural activity and epilepsy...