Affiliation: University of Memphis
- An EMG study on characteristics of premotor and motor components in an agility reaction time test on athletesJ Zhang
School of Kinesiology, Shanghai University of Sport Shanghai, China
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 53:566-72. 2013....
- Effects of extended Tai Chi intervention on balance and selected motor functions of the elderlyYuhua Li
Department of Health and Sport Sciences, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Am J Chin Med 35:383-91. 2007..Data suggested that Tai Chi exercise intervention could produce a positive influence on balance control for the elderly over a prolonged period, but not on muscle strength and ankle flexibility...
- Sport stacking activities in school children's motor skill developmentYuhua Li
Motor Behavior Laboratory, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Percept Mot Skills 113:431-8. 2011..Students who had the intervention showed a greater improvement in two-choice RT. No other group difference was found. Such sport stacking activities may facilitate children's central processing and perceptual-motor integration...
- A 4-week choice foot speed and choice reaction training program improves agility in previously non-agility trained, but active men and womenAndrew J Galpin
Department of Health and Sport Sciences, Human Performance Laboratories, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Strength Cond Res 22:1901-7. 2008..These data warrant the integration of such a device into the training program of untrained athletes attempting to improve agility...
- Effect of aging on fatty streak formation in a diet-induced mouse model of atherosclerosisYuhua Li
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Vasc Res 45:205-10. 2008..Thus, increased cardiovascular events with age are probably related to a progressive increase in plaque size rather than to an increase in atherosclerosis susceptibility...