Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Modeling smoking cessation data with alternating states and a cure fraction using frailty modelsYimei Li
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
Stat Med 29:627-38. 2010..A simulation study suggests that the estimates have little bias and that their 95 per cent confidence intervals have nearly nominal coverage in samples of practical size...
- Leveraging administrative data to monitor rituximab use in 2875 patients at 42 freestanding children's hospitals across the United StatesMarko Kavcic
Division of Oncology, Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr 162:1252-8, 1258.e1. 2013..To describe the pharmacoepidemiology of rituximab use in children and to estimate the frequency of infectious events within a 1-year period after rituximab exposure...
- Assessing the fit of parametric cure modelsE Paul Wileyto
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biostatistics 14:340-50. 2013..We derive the asymptotic distribution of the residuals and evaluate their performance by simulation in a range of parametric models. We apply our approach to data from a smoking cessation drug trial...
- Prediction of individual long-term outcomes in smoking cessation trials using frailty modelsYimei Li
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biometrics 67:1321-9. 2011..Comparisons of actual smoking status at one year with predictions from our model and from a variety of empirical methods suggest that our method gives excellent predictions...
- Statistical analysis of daily smoking status in smoking cessation clinical trialsYimei Li
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Addiction 106:2039-46. 2011..We present an alternative approach that analyzes the entire sequence of daily smoking status observations...
- Induction mortality and resource utilization in children treated for acute myeloid leukemia at free-standing pediatric hospitals in the United StatesMarko Kavcic
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer 119:1916-23. 2013..Moreover, these trials likely underreport the clinical toxicities experienced by patients...
- A Bayesian approach for unplanned sample sizes in phase II cancer clinical trialsYimei Li
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Trials 9:293-302. 2012..The requirement to examine the outcome at a prespecified sample size (SS) can be problematic, because the attained SS often differs from the planned SS...