Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Pseudo semiparametric maximum likelihood estimation exploiting gene environment independence for population-based case-control studies with complex samplesYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas, Arlington, TX 76001, USA
Biostatistics 13:711-23. 2012..We study the finite sample performance of the pseudo-SPMLE using simulations and illustrate the pseudo-SPMLE with a US case-control study of kidney cancer...
- Application of nonparametric quantile regression to body mass index percentile curves from survey dataYan Li
Biostatistics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stat Med 29:558-72. 2010..Using this procedure we re-estimate the national percentile BMI-for-age curves and the prevalence of high-BMI children in the U.S...
- Testing for Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium in national household surveys that collect family-based genetic dataYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Ann Hum Genet 75:732-41. 2011..The proposed method is evaluated via Monte Carlo simulation studies and illustrated using the Hispanic Health and Nutrition Survey (HHANES) with simulated genotype data...
- Piecewise exponential survival times and analysis of case-cohort dataYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019 0408, USA
Stat Med 31:1361-8. 2012..An illustration is provided using data from the Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study of male smokers in Finland, where a case-cohort study of serum glucose level and pancreatic cancer was analyzed...
- Risk factors for inflammatory breast cancer and other invasive breast cancersCatherine Schairer
Affiliations of authors Joint Program for Survey Methodology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD YL Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA PF, RDW, DSMB, DLM Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD CS, BIG, WFA Departments of Medicine and Epidemiology Biostatistics University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA KK Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH TLO Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA DLM
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:1373-84. 2013..We investigated risk factors for inflammatory breast cancer (IBC), a rare, aggressive, and poorly understood breast cancer that is characterized by diffuse breast skin erythema and edema...
- Estimating the agreement and diagnostic accuracy of two diagnostic tests when one test is conducted on only a subsample of specimensHormuzd A Katki
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Stat Med 31:436-48. 2012..To help promote subsampling designs, our R package CompareTests computes all of our agreement and diagnostic accuracy statistics...
- Testing Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and homogeneity of Hardy-Weinberg disequilibrium using complex survey dataYan Li
Biostatistics Branch, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 8014, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Biometrics 65:1096-104. 2009..Rao-Scott corrections applied to the tests were found to improve their type I error properties. Our methods are applied to the NHANES III genetic data for three loci involved in metabolizing lead in the body...
- Blood lead levels, ALAD gene polymorphisms, and mortalityDana M Van Bemmel
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Epidemiology 22:273-8. 2011..We examined whether the ALAD G177C single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) affects the relationship between lead and mortality...