Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Pseudo semiparametric maximum likelihood estimation exploiting gene environment independence for population-based case-control studies with complex samplesYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas, Arlington, TX 76001, USA
Biostatistics 13:711-23. 2012..We study the finite sample performance of the pseudo-SPMLE using simulations and illustrate the pseudo-SPMLE with a US case-control study of kidney cancer...
- Application of nonparametric quantile regression to body mass index percentile curves from survey dataYan Li
Biostatistics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stat Med 29:558-72. 2010..Using this procedure we re-estimate the national percentile BMI-for-age curves and the prevalence of high-BMI children in the U.S...
- Testing for Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium in national household surveys that collect family-based genetic dataYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Ann Hum Genet 75:732-41. 2011..The proposed method is evaluated via Monte Carlo simulation studies and illustrated using the Hispanic Health and Nutrition Survey (HHANES) with simulated genotype data...
- Piecewise exponential survival times and analysis of case-cohort dataYan Li
Department of Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019 0408, USA
Stat Med 31:1361-8. 2012..An illustration is provided using data from the Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study of male smokers in Finland, where a case-cohort study of serum glucose level and pancreatic cancer was analyzed...
- Estimating the agreement and diagnostic accuracy of two diagnostic tests when one test is conducted on only a subsample of specimensHormuzd A Katki
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Stat Med 31:436-48. 2012..To help promote subsampling designs, our R package CompareTests computes all of our agreement and diagnostic accuracy statistics...
- Testing Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and homogeneity of Hardy-Weinberg disequilibrium using complex survey dataYan Li
Biostatistics Branch, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 8014, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Biometrics 65:1096-104. 2009..Rao-Scott corrections applied to the tests were found to improve their type I error properties. Our methods are applied to the NHANES III genetic data for three loci involved in metabolizing lead in the body...
- Blood lead levels, ALAD gene polymorphisms, and mortalityDana M Van Bemmel
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Epidemiology 22:273-8. 2011..We examined whether the ALAD G177C single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) affects the relationship between lead and mortality...