Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Tissue-specific regulation of retinal and pituitary precursor cell proliferationXue Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, Room 345, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Science 297:1180-3. 2002..These data reveal a molecular mechanism by which a tissue-specific transcriptional repressor-corepressor complex can provide an organ-specific strategy for physiological expansion of precursor populations...
- Transcription: origins of licensing controlXue Li
Nature 427:687-8. 2004
- The Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes are essential for craniofacial, axial, and appendicular skeletal developmentRaymond F Robledo
Brookdale Center for Developmental and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Genes Dev 16:1089-101. 2002..Furthermore, spatiotemporal-specific transgenic overexpression of Dlx5, in the apical ectodermal ridge of Dlx5/6 null mice can fully rescue Dlx/Dll function in limb outgrowth...
- Eya protein phosphatase activity regulates Six1-Dach-Eya transcriptional effects in mammalian organogenesisXue Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School and Department of Medicine, UCSD, 9500 Gilman Drive, Room 345, La Jolla, California 92093 0648, USA
Nature 426:247-54. 2003....
- [Functional study on TGF-beta/Smads signaling pathway in human ovarian cancer cells]Yun yan Zhang
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 31:759-65. 2004....
- Development and differentiation of the ureteric bud into the ureter in the absence of a kidney collecting systemKevin T Bush
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, and Urological Diseases Research Center, Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 298:571-84. 2006....
- Homeodomain-mediated beta-catenin-dependent switching events dictate cell-lineage determinationLorin E Olson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department and School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 125:593-605. 2006....
- HP1 proteins form distinct complexes and mediate heterochromatic gene silencing by nonoverlapping mechanismsMohammad R Motamedi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 32:778-90. 2008..Our findings reveal an unexpected role for Swi6 in RNAi-mediated gene silencing and suggest that different HP1 proteins ensure full heterochromatic gene silencing through largely nonoverlapping inhibitory mechanisms...
- Modulation of morphogenesis by noncanonical Wnt signaling requires ATF/CREB family-mediated transcriptional activation of TGFbeta2Wenlai Zhou
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nat Genet 39:1225-34. 2007..Thus, we propose that transcriptional readout mediated at least in part by a Wnt11 --> ATF/CREB --> TGFbeta2 pathway is critical in regulating morphogenesis in response to noncanonical Wnt signaling...
- Splicing regulator SC35 is essential for genomic stability and cell proliferation during mammalian organogenesisRan Xiao
Department of Surgery Urology, Children s Hospital of Boston, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:5393-402. 2007..These findings reveal the involvement of SC35 in specific pathways in regulating cell proliferation and genomic stability during mammalian organogenesis and suggest its potential function in tumorigenesis...
- Association between endogenous gene expression and growth regulation induced by TGF-beta1 in human gastric cancer cellsXue Li
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:61-8. 2005..To investigate the association between endogenous gene expression and growth regulation including proliferation and apoptosis induced by transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) in human gastric cancer (GC) cells...
- Effects of phosphorothioate anti-sense oligodeoxynucleotides on colorectal cancer cell growth and telomerase activityXi Shan Wang
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Tumour Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150040, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3455-8. 2004..To investigate the inhibitory effect of phosphorothioate anti-sense oligodeoxynucleotides (PASODN) on colorectal cancer LS-174T cells in vitro and the mechanism of inhibition of telomerase activity in these cells...
- Dissection of the insulin-sensitizing effect of liver X receptor ligandsS Renee Commerford
The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:3002-12. 2007..These findings have important implications for clinical development of LXR agonists as insulin sensitizers...
- Effects of arginine vasopressin on growth of rat cardiac fibroblasts: role of V1 receptorXue Dong Yang
Department of Cardiology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Shaanxi Province, China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 42:132-5. 2003..Arginine vasopressin may be involved in the pathophysiologic process of LVH by promoting cardiac fibroblast proliferation...
- Dlx genes pattern mammalian jaw primordium by regulating both lower jaw-specific and upper jaw-specific genetic programsJuhee Jeong
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, University of California San Francisco, 1550 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 135:2905-16. 2008..We propose a new model for Dlx-mediated mammalian jaw patterning...