Affiliation: University of California
- Genotyping and genomic profiling of non-small-cell lung cancer: implications for current and future therapiesTianhong Li
University of California Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1039-49. 2013..This review summarizes the evolution, early success, current status, challenges, and opportunities for clinical application of genotyping and genomic tests in therapeutic decision making for NSCLC...
- A phase II trial of capecitabine in combination with the farnesyltransferase inhibitor tipifarnib in patients with anthracycline-treated and taxane-resistant metastatic breast cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study (E1103)Tianhong Li
Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:345-52. 2012..The tipifarnib-capecitabine combination is not more effective than capecitabine alone in MBC patients who were previously treated with an anthracycline and taxane therapy...
- A phase II study of cell cycle inhibitor UCN-01 in patients with metastatic melanoma: a California Cancer Consortium trialTianhong Li
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, 4501 X Street, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:741-8. 2012..No dose modification was required as these patients had disease progression. Conclusion Although well tolerated, UCN-01 as a single agent did not have sufficient clinical activity to warrant further study in refractory melanoma...
- Intercalation of erlotinib and pemetrexed in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancerTianhong Li
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, 95817, USA
Curr Drug Targets 11:85-94. 2010..Ongoing research efforts investigating this concept are reviewed...
- Activation of ER stress and inhibition of EGFR N-glycosylation by tunicamycin enhances susceptibility of human non-small cell lung cancer cells to erlotinibYi He Ling
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:539-48. 2009..In this study, we examined whether inhibition of EGFR N-glycosylation and stimulation of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress by tunicamycin enhances erlotinib-induced growth inhibition in NSCLC cell lines...
- Phase II trial of tipifarnib plus neoadjuvant doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide in patients with clinical stage IIB-IIIC breast cancerJoseph A Sparano
New York Cancer Consortium, including the Montefiore Einstein Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2942-8. 2009....
- Schedule-dependent cytotoxic synergism of pemetrexed and erlotinib in human non-small cell lung cancer cellsTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3413-22. 2007..This study was undertaken to select the optimal combination schedule of erlotinib and pemetrexed for the treatment of relapsed non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using a panel of human NSCLC lines...
- Tumor dependence on the EGFR signaling pathway expressed by the p-EGFR:p-AKT ratio predicts erlotinib sensitivity in human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells expressing wild-type EGFR geneTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:643-7. 2008....
- Targeted inhibition of farnesyltransferase in locally advanced breast cancer: a phase I and II trial of tipifarnib plus dose-dense doxorubicin and cyclophosphamideJoseph A Sparano
New York Phase II Consortium, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center Weiler Division, Department of Oncology, 2 S, Room 47 48, 1825 Eastchester Rd, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3013-8. 2006....
- The phosphatase inhibitor menadione (vitamin K3) protects cells from EGFR inhibition by erlotinib and cetuximabRoman Perez-Soler
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:6766-77. 2011..We hypothesized that phosphatase inhibition in the skin keratinocytes may prevent receptor dephosphorylation caused by EGFR inhibitors and be used as a new potential strategy for the prevention or treatment of this side effect...
- Phase II study of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib (PS-341, Velcade) in chemotherapy-naïve patients with advanced stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Tianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, United States
Lung Cancer 68:89-93. 2010..Grade 3 toxicities included fatigue (N=1, 8%), deep vein thrombosis (N=1, 8%) and thrombocytopenia (N=1, 8%). Although well tolerated, bortezomib monotherapy is not active in this cohort of chemotherapy-naïve, metastatic NSCLC...
- Association of epidermal growth factor receptor activating mutations with low ERCC1 gene expression in non-small cell lung cancerDavid R Gandara
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1933-8. 2010..We investigated the relationship of EGFR mutation status and DNA repair capacity, as exemplified by excision repair cross-complementing 1 (ERCC1) gene expression, as a potential explanation for this observation...
- Skin toxicities associated with epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitorsTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Target Oncol 4:107-19. 2009..A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study has been initiated to evaluate the clinical efficacy of menadione topical cream, in the treatment or prevention of EGFR inhibitor-induced skin toxicity...
- Farnesyl transferase inhibitorsTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Invest 26:653-61. 2008
- Erlotinib, an effective epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, induces p27KIP1 up-regulation and nuclear translocation in association with cell growth inhibition and G1/S phase arrest in human non-small-cell lung cancer cell linesYi He Ling
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:248-58. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that erlotinib inhibits human NSCLC cell growth predominantly by inducing p27(KIP1) expression and by suppressing cell-cycle events involved in the G1/S transition...
- CTEN prolongs signaling by EGFR through reducing its ligand-induced degradationShiao Ya Hong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Cancer Res 73:5266-76. 2013..Overall, this work defines a function for CTEN in prolonging signaling from EGFR by reducing its ligand-induced degradation...
- Acquired resistance to targeted therapies against oncogene-driven non-small-cell lung cancer: approach to subtyping progressive disease and clinical implicationsDavid R Gandara
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA Electronic address
Clin Lung Cancer 15:1-6. 2014..Here we propose an approach to subtyping PD in the setting of acquired resistance as well as subsequent clinical implications. ..
- Histology-related associations of ERCC1, RRM1, and TS biomarkers in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: implications for therapyMartin K H Maus
Department of General, Visceral and Tumor Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
J Thorac Oncol 8:582-6. 2013..Here, we report analysis of the Response Genetics Inc., database and implications for histology-based therapy...
- Inhibiting Ras signaling in the therapy of breast cancerTianhong Li
Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 3:405-16; discussion 417-20. 2003..Clinical trials are currently underway evaluating whether these agents have a useful role in the management of advanced breast cancer...
- Phase II trial of infusional cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide in patients with HIV-associated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Trial (E1494)Joseph A Sparano
Albert Einstein Cancer Center and Montefiore Medical Center, Weiler Division, 1825 Eastchester Road 2 South, Rm 47 48, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1491-500. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of an infusional chemotherapy regimen in patients with HIV-associated lymphoma treated before and after the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in routine clinical practice...
- Large-scale screening and molecular characterization of EML4-ALK fusion variants in archival non-small-cell lung cancer tumor specimens using quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction assaysTianhong Li
University of California Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, California Department of General, Visceral and Tumor Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany Response Genetics, Inc, Los Angeles, California Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, Davis, California Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California and formerly Response Genetics, Inc, Los Angeles, California
J Thorac Oncol 9:18-25. 2014....