Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Joint modeling of linkage and association: identifying SNPs responsible for a linkage signalMingyao Li
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, and Center for Statistical Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Hum Genet 76:934-49. 2005..Our method provides a new tool for detecting linkage and association and can be extended to study designs that include unaffected family members...
- CFH haplotypes without the Y402H coding variant show strong association with susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationMingyao Li
Department of Biostatistics, 1420 Washington Heights, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 38:1049-54. 2006..Our results suggest that there are multiple disease susceptibility alleles in the region and that noncoding CFH variants play a role in disease susceptibility...
- Prioritized subset analysis: improving power in genome-wide association studiesChun Li
Department of Biostatistics, Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Hum Hered 65:129-41. 2008..Traditional approaches for assessing the overall statistical significance of GWAS results ignore such information by inherently treating all markers equally...
- GWAsimulator: a rapid whole-genome simulation programChun Li
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Bioinformatics 24:140-2. 2008..As genome-wide association (GWA) studies become increasingly popular and new GWA data analysis methods are being developed, we anticipate that GWAsimulator will be an important tool for evaluating performance of new GWA analysis methods...
- Evaluating cost efficiency of SNP chips in genome-wide association studiesChun Li
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Genet Epidemiol 32:387-95. 2008..We illustrate these approaches using five currently available whole genome SNP chips...
- Strong association of the Y402H variant in complement factor H at 1q32 with susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationSepideh Zareparsi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 77:149-53. 2005..39 (95% confidence interval 0.36-0.42) and the genotype relative risk to be 2.44 (95% confidence interval 2.08-2.83) for TC heterozygotes and 5.93 (95% confidence interval 4.33-8.02) for CC homozygotes...
- Semiparametric odds ratio model for case-control and matched case-control designsHua Yun Chen
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Stat Med 32:3126-42. 2013..Simulation studies demonstrate good performance of the proposed approach. We apply the proposed approach to a study of gene-environment interaction on coronary artery disease...
- Improving power and robustness for detecting genetic association with extreme-value sampling designHua Yun Chen
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Genet Epidemiol 35:823-30. 2011..Our results suggest that it is important to appropriately model the quantitative traits and to adjust for the biased sampling when dose-response relationship exists in extreme-value sampling designs...
- Widespread RNA and DNA sequence differences in the human transcriptomeMingyao Li
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 333:53-8. 2011..These widespread RNA-DNA differences in the human transcriptome provide a yet unexplored aspect of genome variation...
- Biological, clinical and population relevance of 95 loci for blood lipidsTanya M Teslovich
Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 466:707-13. 2010..Taken together, our findings provide the foundation to develop a broader biological understanding of lipoprotein metabolism and to identify new therapeutic opportunities for the prevention of CAD...
- Toll-like receptor 4 variant D299G is associated with susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationSepideh Zareparsi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:1449-55. 2005..Our data provide evidence of a link between multiple diverse mechanisms underlying AMD pathogenesis...
- Evaluation of coverage variation of SNP chips for genome-wide association studiesMingyao Li
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 16:635-43. 2008..These evaluations can reveal the degree of variation of each SNP chip in covering the genome and can facilitate SNP chip comparisons at a finer scale...
- Efficient study designs for test of genetic association using sibship data and unrelated cases and controlsMingyao Li
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Hum Genet 78:778-92. 2006..Our findings will be helpful for researchers designing and analyzing complex disease-association studies and will facilitate genotyping resource allocation...
- Association analysis of the FTO gene with obesity in children of Caucasian and African ancestry reveals a common tagging SNPStruan F A Grant
Center for Applied Genomics, Abramson Research Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e1746. 2008..As such, variants in the FTO gene confer a similar magnitude of risk of obesity to children as to their adult counterparts and appear to have a global impact...
- U-statistics-based tests for multiple genes in genetic association studiesZhi Wei
Department of Computer Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Ann Hum Genet 72:821-33. 2008..Finally, potential applications of the proposed tests to genome-wide association studies are also discussed...
- A review of family-based tests for linkage disequilibrium between a quantitative trait and a genetic markerWarren J Ewens
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Genet 4:e1000180. 2008..Finally, we comment on power considerations in the choice of the test to be used. We hope this brief review will shed light on the similarities and differences of the various quantitative TDTs...
- Quantitative trait linkage analysis using Gaussian copulasMingyao Li
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Genetics 173:2317-27. 2006....
- PennCNV: an integrated hidden Markov model designed for high-resolution copy number variation detection in whole-genome SNP genotyping dataKai Wang
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genome Res 17:1665-74. 2007..3%. Our results demonstrate the feasibility of whole-genome fine-mapping of CNVs via high-density SNP genotyping...
- Variation in the myosin light chain kinase gene is associated with development of acute lung injury after major traumaJason D Christie
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Crit Care Med 36:2794-800. 2008..We tested the association of MYLK gene variation in the development of acute lung injury in major trauma patients...
- Genetic association with rheumatoid arthritis-Genetic Analysis Workshop 15: summary of contributions from Group 2Marsha A Wilcox
i3 Drug Safety, 950 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:S12-21. 2007..Generally, models that considered haplotypes or multiple markers showed stronger evidence for association than did single marker analyses...
- Comments on the entropy-based transmission/disequilibrium testWarren Ewens
Hum Genet 123:97-100. 2008..We show that the incorrect claim arises because of inappropriate assumptions, and also show that the entropy-based statistic has various undesirable properties...