- Inhibiting your native language: the role of retrieval-induced forgetting during second-language acquisitionBenjamin J Levy
University of Oregon, OR 97403 1227, USA
Psychol Sci 18:29-34. 2007..This result supports the idea that inhibition plays a functional role in overcoming interference during the early stages of second-language acquisition...
- Individual differences in the suppression of unwanted memories: the executive deficit hypothesisBenjamin J Levy
Department of Psychology, 1227 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1227, USA
Acta Psychol (Amst) 127:623-35. 2008..In support of this executive deficit hypothesis, we review the recent work indicating links between executive control ability and memory suppression...
- Purging of memories from conscious awareness tracked in the human brainBenjamin J Levy
Department of Psychology, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94117 1080, USA
J Neurosci 32:16785-94. 2012....
- A progress report on the inhibitory account of retrieval-induced forgettingBenjamin C Storm
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison Street MC 285, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Mem Cognit 40:827-43. 2012....
- Dissociating familiarity from recollection in human recognition memory: different rates of forgetting over short retention intervalsAndrew P Yonelinas
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Psychon Bull Rev 9:575-82. 2002..In agreement with the results from nonhuman species, the present results indicate that item familiarity decreases more rapidly than recollection over short retention intervals...