J G Levitt
Affiliation: University of California
- Medial temporal lobe in childhood-onset schizophreniaJ G Levitt
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatry Res 108:17-27. 2001..These findings are consistent with previous reports of at least initial sparing of temporal lobe regions in childhood-onset schizophrenia...
- Cortical sulcal maps in autismJennifer G Levitt
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Cereb Cortex 13:728-35. 2003..These findings may indicate delayed maturation in autistic subjects in these brain regions involved in functions including working memory, emotion processing, language and eye gaze...
- Mapping cortical asymmetry and complexity patterns in normal childrenR E Blanton
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Division of Brain Mapping, UCLA, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1769, USA
Psychiatry Res 107:29-43. 2001..More studies in a larger sample set and/or longitudinal design are needed to address the issues of normal individual variation and sulcal development...
- Abnormal development of the anterior cingulate in childhood-onset schizophrenia: a preliminary quantitative MRI studyRenée K Marquardt
Department of Psychiatry, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatry Res 138:221-33. 2005..These structural differences may relate to the well-described cognitive deficits these children display, and to the cardinal symptoms of schizophrenia...
- Widespread cortical thinning is a robust anatomical marker for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderKatherine L Narr
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:1014-22. 2009....
- Thought disorder and nucleus accumbens in childhood: a structural MRI studyMartina Ballmaier
Laboratory of Neuroimaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Psychiatry Res 130:43-55. 2004....
- Reduced white matter integrity in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderLiberty S Hamilton
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital in Los Angeles, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Neuroreport 19:1705-8. 2008..Results support that disruptions in motor and attentional networks may contribute toward ADHD pathophysiology. Future research may clarify how ADHD subtype and psychiatric comorbidities affect diffusion measures...
- Gender differences in the left inferior frontal gyrus in normal childrenRebecca E Blanton
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Division of Brain Mapping, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Neuroimage 22:626-36. 2004....
- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging of the brain in childhood autismJennifer G Levitt
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:1355-66. 2003....
- Detecting brain growth patterns in normal children using tensor-based morphometryXue Hua
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Brain Mapping Division, Department of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7334, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:209-19. 2009..We demonstrate that a tensor-based Jacobian map is a sensitive and reliable method to detect regional tissue changes during development...
- Decreased callosal thickness in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEileen Luders
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 7334, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:84-8. 2009..One of the most replicated alterations is a significantly smaller corpus callosum (CC), for which conflicting reports exist with respect to the affected callosal segments...
- Superior temporal gyrus differences in childhood-onset schizophreniaJanelle L Taylor
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Deptartment of Neurology, Division of Brain Mapping, UCLA School of Medicine, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Schizophr Res 73:235-41. 2005..Our findings are consistent with studies that have found increased volumes in temporal lobe regions in COS and may provide a possible neural correlate for the language impairment observed in COS patients...
- Neuroimaging and Symptom Domains in AutismJennifer Levitt; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together, these studies will provide the basis for genetic studies to delineate specific gene > brain> behavioral pathways and lay the foundation for early detection and better intervention in autism. ..