J E Levine
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Acute graft-versus-host disease biomarkers measured during therapy can predict treatment outcomes: a Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network studyJohn E Levine
University of Michigan Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Ann Arbor, USA
Blood 119:3854-60. 2012..The study was registered in clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00224874...
- Implications of TNF-α in the pathogenesis and management of GVHDJohn E Levine
University of Michigan Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, 5303 Cancer Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5941, USA
Int J Hematol 93:571-7. 2011..TNF-α can be pharmacologically inhibited using soluble TNF receptors or monoclonal antibodies. The optimal dosing and duration of TNF inhibition to prevent or treat GVHD remains under investigation...
- Donor leukocyte infusions to treat hematologic malignancy relapse following allo-SCT in a pediatric populationJ E Levine
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5941, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:201-5. 2008..Although a few children achieved durable remissions when DLI was used as part of a post-relapse treatment strategy, DLI was unsuccessful in the majority of cases. Strategies may be better directed at preempting post transplant relapse...
- Reduced intensity versus full myeloablative stem cell transplant for advanced CLLE Peres
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:579-83. 2009..005). The relapse rate was 15% regardless with the majority of relapses occurring after day 100. These results suggest a favorable outcome for advanced CLL who undergo a RIC regimen compared with FIC...
- Mycobacterium chelonae necrotizing pneumonia after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant: report of clinical response to treatment with tigecyclineE Peres
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5941, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 11:57-63. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case demonstrating tigecycline to have a degree of clinical effectiveness to treat refractory pulmonary infection with M. chelonae in an HSCT recipient...
- Outcomes after auto-SCT in African Americans with multiple myelomaY Khaled
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0914, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:845-51. 2009..In conclusion, MM in AA tends to relapse early after auto-SCT. It is unclear whether early relapses impact OS. Common prognostic peritransplant variables known in CA with MM may not be applicable to AA with MM...
- Cardiac complications in patients undergoing a reduced-intensity conditioning hematopoietic stem cell transplantationE Peres
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:149-52. 2010..Recurrence of arrhythmia occurred in 76% of patients. Day 100 mortality was 40% in this group. A history of high-dose anthracycline treatment and a low ejection fraction were risk factors for the development of cardiac complications...
- Vaccination of pediatric solid tumor patients with tumor lysate-pulsed dendritic cells can expand specific T cells and mediate tumor regressionJ D Geiger
Department of Surgery, Section of Pediatric Surgery, Section of General Surgery, the Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy Program, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0245, USA
Cancer Res 61:8513-9. 2001..Most importantly, we have demonstrated the ability of the tumor lysate/KLH-pulsed DC to generate specific T-cell responses and to elicit regression of metastatic disease...
- Dominant negative mutation of the hematopoietic-specific Rho GTPase, Rac2, is associated with a human phagocyte immunodeficiencyD A Williams
Department of Pediatrics, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
Blood 96:1646-54. 2000..Blood. 2000;96:1646-1654)..
- Low-dose cidofovir treatment of BK virus-associated hemorrhagic cystitis in recipients of hematopoietic stem cell transplantM R Savona
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:783-7. 2007..We conclude that weekly low-dose cidofovir appears to be a safe treatment option for BKV-associated HC. Although the efficacy of low-dose cidofovir is not proven, a prospective trial is warranted...
- Stem cell transplantation in patients with severe congenital neutropenia with evidence of leukemic transformationS W Choi
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:473-7. 2005..For SCN patients who progress to AML, HSCT should still be considered, even though the risks appear to be greater...
- Meta-analysis: the efficacy of intravenous H2-receptor antagonists in bleeding peptic ulcerJ E Levine
Department of Medicine, Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:1137-42. 2002....
- Safety and efficacy of allogeneic PBSC collection in normal pediatric donors: the pediatric blood and marrow transplant consortium experience (PBMTC) 1996-2003M A Pulsipher
Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:361-7. 2005..Younger children utilize more medical resources and children <20 kg usually require a single blood product exposure...