Deborah A Levine
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Recent trends in cost-related medication nonadherence among stroke survivors in the United StatesDeborah A Levine
Division of General Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Neurol 73:180-8. 2013..We assessed changes in cost-related nonadherence to medication (CRN) before and after the implementation of Medicare Part D in 2006...
- Recruitment activities for a nationwide, population-based, group-randomized trial: the VA MI-Plus studyEllen Funkhouser
VA Research Enhancement Award Program REAP, Birmingham VA Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Implement Sci 6:105. 2011..We describe the recruitment and enrollment of such a trial testing a clinician-directed, Internet-delivered intervention for improving the care of postmyocardial infarction patients with multiple comorbidities...
- Multiple uncontrolled conditions and blood pressure medication intensification: an observational studyAmanda H Salanitro
VA National Quality Scholars Program, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Implement Sci 5:55. 2010..We hypothesized that multiple uncontrolled cardiovascular risk factors would decrease blood pressure (BP) medication intensification among uncontrolled hypertensive patients...
- Geographic and demographic variability in 20-year hypertension incidence: the CARDIA studyDeborah A Levine
Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, Departments of Medicine and Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich 48109, USA
Hypertension 57:39-47. 2011..Independent of geography, blacks, especially women, are at markedly higher risk of hypertension. Hypertension incidence may contribute to geographic and racial differences in cardiovascular disease mortality, including stroke...
- Moderate waist circumference and hypertension prevalence: the REGARDS StudyDeborah A Levine
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, and Departments of Medicine and Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hypertens 24:482-8. 2011..Less is known about moderate WC (women: 80-88 cm; men: 94-102 cm). Therefore, we examined the association between moderate WC and hypertension prevalence, independent of body mass index (BMI)...
- Vascular cognitive impairment: disease mechanisms and therapeutic implicationsDeborah A Levine
Division of General Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, and Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neurotherapeutics 8:361-73. 2011..Given its growing health, social, and economic burden, the prevention and treatment of VCI are critical priorities for clinical care and research...
- Improving care after myocardial infarction using a 2-year internet-delivered intervention: the Department of Veterans Affairs myocardial infarction-plus cluster-randomized trialDeborah A Levine
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1910-7. 2011..We sought to evaluate a provider-directed, Internet-delivered intervention to improve cardiovascular management for post-MI outpatients...
- Triggers of hospitalization for venous thromboembolismMary A M Rogers
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 5429, USA
Circulation 125:2092-9. 2012..Although predictors of hospital-acquired VTE are well-known, triggers of VTE before hospitalization are not as clearly defined. The objective of this study was to evaluate triggers of hospitalization for VTE...
- Antigenic challenge in the etiology of autoimmune disease in womenMary A M Rogers
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
J Autoimmun 38:J97-J102. 2012..Antigenic challenges, such as infection and allogeneic blood transfusion, are significant risk factors for the development of autoimmune disease in older women...