Andres E Leschziner
Affiliation: University of California
- Visualizing flexibility at molecular resolution: analysis of heterogeneity in single-particle electron microscopy reconstructionsAndres E Leschziner
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Annu Rev Biophys Biomol Struct 36:43-62. 2007..We also discuss some of their recent applications to problems of biological interest...
- Conformational flexibility in the chromatin remodeler RSC observed by electron microscopy and the orthogonal tilt reconstruction methodAndres E Leschziner
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:4913-8. 2007..We present a model of the RSC-nucleosome complex that rationalizes the single molecule results obtained by using optical tweezers and also discuss the mechanistic implications of our structures...
- Structural studies of the human PBAF chromatin-remodeling complexAndres E Leschziner
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Structure 13:267-75. 2005..The 2D analysis of PBAF:nucleosome complexes indicates that the nucleosome binds in the central cavity...
- The orthogonal tilt reconstruction method: an approach to generating single-class volumes with no missing cone for ab initio reconstruction of asymmetric particlesAndres E Leschziner
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, USA
J Struct Biol 153:284-99. 2006..We also propose a way of increasing the level of homogeneity in individual 2D classes (and volumes) in a heterogeneous data set and identifying the most homogeneous volumes...
- Nucleotide-dependent conformational changes in the DnaA-like core of the origin recognition complexMegan G Clarey
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology Department, 1 Barker Hall, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 13:684-90. 2006..By analogy to the DNA-wrapping activity of DnaA, we posit that ORC together with Cdc6 prepares origin DNA for helicase loading through mechanisms related to the established pathway of prokaryotes...
- Architecture of the Dam1 kinetochore ring complex and implications for microtubule-driven assembly and force-coupling mechanismsHong Wei Wang
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1 Cyclotron Rd, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:721-6. 2007..One of Ipl1's roles might be to fine-tune the coupling of the microtubule interaction with the conformational change required for oligomerization, with phosphorylation resulting in ring breakdown...