L A Lenert
Affiliation: University of California
- Design and pilot evaluation of an internet smoking cessation programLeslie Lenert
University of California at San Diego and Section on Health Service Research, Veterans Administration San Diego Healthcare System, California 92161, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:16-20. 2003..Problems with the design of the site are discussed...
- Application of a disease-specific mapping function to estimate utility gains with effective treatment of schizophreniaLeslie A Lenert
Veterans Administration San Diego Health Care System, San Diego, California, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:57. 2005....
- Adverse effects of medications and trade-offs between length of life and quality of life in human immunodeficiency virus infectionLeslie A Lenert
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Med 113:229-32. 2002
- The Internet as a research tool: worth the price of admission?Leslie Lenert
University of California, San Diego, and Department of Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, Health Services Research and Development Section, 92161, USA
Ann Behav Med 24:251-6. 2002....
- iMPACT3: Internet-based development and administration of utility elicitation protocolsL A Lenert
Veterans Administration Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Med Decis Making 22:464-74. 2002..42 to 0.55). Further work may be needed on specific utility assessment procedures, but this study's results confirm iMPACT3's feasibility in facilitating the collection of health state utility data...
- A framework for modeling health behavior protocols and their linkage to behavioral theoryLeslie Lenert
Health Services and Research and Development, Veterans Administration San Diego Healthcare System, USA
J Biomed Inform 38:270-80. 2005..Using this framework, we formally described the PACE-Adolescent protocol. Creating knowledge models such as this may lead to improvements in the design and evaluation of computerized health behavior protocols...
- Use of willingness to pay to study values for pharmacotherapies for migraine headacheLeslie A Lenert
Section on Health Services Research, VA San Diego Healthcare System, California, USA
Med Care 41:299-308. 2003..There is a wide range of therapeutic options for migraine headaches, yet little is known about how patients value different treatment alternatives nor how to tailor treatments to patients' preferences...
- Toward improved methods for measurement of utility: automated repair of errors in elicitationsLeslie A Lenert
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Med Decis Making 23:67-75. 2003..Results suggest that the repair procedures were successful and that inclusion of utility scores from individuals who fail to repair illogically ordered ratings may bias estimates of mean utilities...
- Public preferences for health states with schizophrenia and a mapping function to estimate utilities from positive and negative symptom scale scoresLeslie A Lenert
VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Schizophr Res 71:155-65. 2004..This complicates the use of standard cost-effectiveness analysis to set priorities for health resource allocation...
- Utility elicitation using single-item questions compared with a computerized interviewL A Lenert
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System and the University of California, 92161, USA
Med Decis Making 21:97-104. 2001..In the former case, simpler methods would be useful for population studies of preferences; however, in the latter, their use for such studies might be problematic...
- The reliability and internal consistency of an Internet-capable computer program for measuring utilitiesL A Lenert
Section on Health Services Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Qual Life Res 9:811-7. 2000..The purpose of this study was to assess the reliability and internal consistency of measurements of utilities performed with a computer program (iMPACT2) designed for Internet surveys and Internet patient decision-support systems...
- Using administrative data to compare the relative effectiveness of amlodipine vs nifedipine CCL A Lenert
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, and the University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Manag Care 5:1535-40. 1999..To describe an approach for using claims data to compare the effectiveness of 2 similar drugs used for similar indications within a health maintenance organization...
- Associations between health status and utilities implications for policyL A Lenert
Section on Health Services Research, Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Med Care 37:479-89. 1999..If shape of a person's utility function is associated with his health status, as is predicted by Prospect Theory, the use of utilities from the healthy could result in 'de facto' discrimination against the sick...
- Use of meta-analytic results to facilitate shared decision makingL A Lenert
Health Services Research and Development, San Diego Veterans Administration Medical Center and the University of California San Diego, 92161, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 6:412-9. 1999....
- Automated e-mail messaging as a tool for improving quit rates in an internet smoking cessation interventionLeslie Lenert
Department of Medicine, University of California, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:235-40. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether an automated e-mail messaging system that sent individually timed educational messages (ITEMs) increased the effectiveness of an Internet smoking cessation intervention...
- The risks of multimedia methods: effects of actor's race and gender on preferences for health statesL A Lenert
University of California San Diego, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 7:177-85. 2000..The authors hypothesized that race and gender affect preferences. To explore this issue they studied the effects of actors' race and gender on preference ratings for health states that include symptoms of schizophrenia...
- Estimation of utilities for the effects of depression from the SF-12L A Lenert
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego 92161, USA
Med Care 38:763-70. 2000..Because of the complexity of utility measurement and the existence of large numbers of completed studies with HRQOL data but not utility data, it would be desirable to be able to estimate utilities from measurements of HRQOL...
- Validity and interpretation of preference-based measures of health-related quality of lifeL Lenert
Veterans Administration, San Diego Healthcare System, California, USA
Med Care 38:II138-50. 2000....
- Differences in health values among patients, family members, and providers for outcomes in schizophreniaL A Lenert
Section on Health Services Research, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, University of California, San Diego, USA
Med Care 38:1011-21. 2000....
- Effects on preferences of violations of procedural invarianceL A Lenert
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, California 92161, USA
Med Decis Making 19:473-81. 1999..Using preference values based on unsuccessful measurement may result in misinterpretation of patients' attitudes about health...
- The effect of search procedures on utility elicitationsL A Lenert
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5463, USA
Med Decis Making 18:76-83. 1998..The authors examined the effects of changing the search procedure for a subject's utility on mean utility values...
- Incorporating risk attitude into Markov-process decision models: importance for individual decision makingD J Cher
Division of General Internal Medicine, Palo Alto VA Health Care System, California, USA
Med Decis Making 17:340-50. 1997..Risk attitude is an important aspect of preferences that should be incorporated into decision models where one treatment option has upfront risks of morbidity or mortality...
- Evaluation of an internet-based disease trajectory decision tool for prostate cancer screeningVibha Bhatnagar
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92131, USA
Value Health 12:101-8. 2009..To evaluate the application of a chronic disease model (CDM) for prostate cancer to visual analog scale (VAS) and time trade-off (TTO) decision tools...
- Electronic and computer-generated patient questionnaires in standard careSusan J Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, University of California, San Diego, 9320 Campus Point Dr Suite 225, Mailcode 0943, La Jolla, CA 92037 0943, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:637-47. 2007....
- Information technology and emergency medical care during disastersTheodore C Chan
Department of Emergency Medicine, UC San Diego Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive 8676, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:1229-36. 2004....
- A web-compatible instrument for measuring self-reported disease activity in arthritisNinad Athale
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, Veterans Medical Research Foundation, University of California, San Diego UCSD, California 92161, USA
J Rheumatol 31:223-8. 2004..To describe a Web-based computer health assessment survey for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to evaluate the survey in comparison with current paper versions...
- Design and evaluation of a wireless electronic health records system for field care in mass casualty settingsL A Lenert
Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:842-52. 2011..This paper describes the design and evaluation of the Wireless Internet Information System for Medical Response in Disasters (WIISARD)...
- Smoking cessation research via the internet: a feasibility studyJacqueline Stoddard
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Health Commun 10:27-41. 2005....
- Factors affecting rheumatoid arthritis patients' decisions to participate in clinical trialsSusan J Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, Immunology, University of California, San Diego, California 92037 0943, USA
J Rheumatol 32:2317-25. 2005..To delineate the personal, psychosocial, and disease-related factors that may influence rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients' decisions to participate in clinical trials...
- Health state valuation in mild to moderate cognitive impairment: feasibility of computer-based, direct patient utility assessmentNeal V Dawson
Department of Medicine, University Memory and Aging Center, Case Western University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Med Decis Making 28:220-32. 2008..Most patients with dementia will, at some point, need a proxy health care decision maker. It is unknown whether persons with various degrees of cognitive impairment can reliably report their health-related preferences...
- Discrete state analysis for interpretation of data from clinical trialsCatherine A Sugar
Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0809, USA
Med Care 42:183-96. 2004..The objective of this study was to demonstrate a multivariate health state approach to analyzing complex disease data that allows projection of long-term outcomes using clustering, Markov modeling, and preference weights...
- The heterogeneity of schizophrenia in disease statesPenny E Mohr
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, ORDI REG DBR, Mail stop C3 19 07 7500, Security Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
Schizophr Res 71:83-95. 2004....
- Potential validity of conducting research on headache in internet populationsLeslie A Lenert
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Headache 42:200-3. 2002....
- IS NON-ADHERENCE A REVEALED PREFERENCELeslie Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also use an expert panel to assess the clinical match between patients' regimens and their preferences. ..