Kevin V Lemley
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Estimation of glomerular podocyte number: a selection of valid methodsKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:1193-202. 2013..We propose the use of the disector/fractionator method for studies in which controlled sectioning of tissue is feasible, reserving the Weibel and Gomez method for studies based on archival or routine pathology material. ..
- Protecting podocytes: how good do we need to be?Kevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Kidney Int 81:9-11. 2012..Quantitative monitoring of podocyte loss (e.g., to assess therapy) remains a challenge...
- When to initiate ACEI/ARB therapy in patients with type 1 and 2 diabetesKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, MS 40, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 25:2021-34. 2010..Recent studies suggest that very early initiation of ACEI/ARB therapy may not have demonstrable beneficial effects even over a period of years...
- Kidney disease in nail-patella syndromeKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, MS 40, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:2345-54. 2009..g. NPHS2, CD2AP), the transription of which is regulated by LMX1B...
- Diabetes and chronic kidney disease: lessons from the Pima IndiansKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1933-40. 2008..At this point, most evidence in humans suggests detachment of intact podocytes from the glomerular basement membrane, rather than apoptosis, as the predominant mechanism of podocyte loss...
- Prediction of early progression in recently diagnosed IgA nephropathyKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:213-22. 2008..Most studies of prognosis in IgA nephropathy (IgAN) have tried to predict dichotomous outcomes based on a small number of clinical or semi-quantitative histological variables in large numbers of patients...
- An introduction to biomarkers: applications to chronic kidney diseaseKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology MS 40, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1849-59. 2007..It is likely that clinical practice will come to depend increasingly on multiplex (vector) biomarkers used in conjunction with risk markers in early diagnosis as well as to guide therapy...
- Injection of amniotic fluid stem cells delays progression of renal fibrosisSargis Sedrakyan
GOFARR Laboratory for Organ Regenerative Research and Cell Therapeutics, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Division of Urology, Saban Research Institute, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:661-73. 2012..In conclusion, treatment with amniotic fluid stem cells may be beneficial in kidney diseases characterized by progressive renal fibrosis...
- Podocytopenia and disease severity in IgA nephropathyKevin V Lemley
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5208, USA
Kidney Int 61:1475-85. 2002..The present study was designed to investigate functional and morphological covariates of disease severity in patients with IgA nephropathy...
- Modeling GFR trajectories in diabetic nephropathyKevin V Lemley
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Stanford Univ School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5208, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F863-70. 2005....
- Determinants of glomerular hypofiltration in aging humansKhoi Hoang
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Kidney Int 64:1417-24. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to confirm the extent to which glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is depressed in healthy, aging subjects and to elucidate the mechanism of such hypofiltration...
- Protective effect of human amniotic fluid stem cells in an immunodeficient mouse model of acute tubular necrosisLaura Perin
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9357. 2010..We therefore speculate that AFSC could represent a novel source of stem cells that may function to modulate the kidney immune milieu in renal failure caused by ATN...
- Urinary excretion of viable podocytes in health and renal diseaseStefanie U Vogelmann
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F40-8. 2003....
- Gene expression in the normal adult human kidney assessed by complementary DNA microarrayJohn P T Higgins
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:649-56. 2004..The distinctive patterns of gene expression in discrete portions of the kidney may serve as a resource for further understanding of renal physiology and the molecular and cellular organization of the nephron...
- Neonatal nephrotic presentation of a child with heterozygous NPHS1 mutationKevin V Lemley
Division of Nephrology, S161, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5114, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:864-6. 2006....
- National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease in children and adolescents: evaluation, classification, and stratificationRonald J Hogg
North Texas Hospital for Children and the Department of Clinical Research at Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, Texas 75230, USA
Pediatrics 111:1416-21. 2003....
- The effect of dopamine on glomerular filtration rate in normotensive, oliguric premature neonatesSusan K Lynch
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University School of Medicine, West Virginia, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:649-52. 2003..5 micro g/kg per min of dopamine. This probably reflects the effects of afferent vasodilatation and may be important clinically when enhancement of GFR is the major treatment objective...
- Urinary Podocyte Excretion Using FACS MethodologyKevin Lemley; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. is podocyturia an earlier biomarker of incipient nephropathy? and 2) do the responses of albuminuria and podocyturia to treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors differ? ..