Heather J Leidy
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Effects of high-protein vs. high- fat snacks on appetite control, satiety, and eating initiation in healthy womenLaura C Ortinau
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, 307 Gwynn Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Nutr J 13:97. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a high-protein afternoon yogurt snack improves appetite control, satiety, and reduces subsequent food intake compared to other commonly-consumed, energy dense, high-fat snacks...
- Beneficial effects of a higher-protein breakfast on the appetitive, hormonal, and neural signals controlling energy intake regulation in overweight/obese, "breakfast-skipping," late-adolescent girlsHeather J Leidy
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 97:677-88. 2013..Breakfast skipping is a common dietary habit practiced among adolescents and is strongly associated with obesity...
- Low, moderate, or high protein yogurt snacks on appetite control and subsequent eating in healthy womenSteve M Douglas
University of Missouri, Dept of Nutrition, 204 Gwynn Hall, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Appetite 60:117-22. 2013..In conclusion, an afternoon snack of Greek yogurt, containing 24 g protein, led to reduced hunger, increased fullness, and delayed subsequent eating compared to lower protein snacks in healthy women...
- The effects of consuming frequent, higher protein meals on appetite and satiety during weight loss in overweight/obese menHeather J Leidy
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, The University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:818-24. 2011..005). Collectively, these data support the consumption of HP intake, but not greater eating frequency, for improved appetite control and satiety in overweight/obese men during energy restriction-induced weight loss...
- The effect of eating frequency on appetite control and food intake: brief synopsis of controlled feeding studiesHeather J Leidy
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Nutr 141:154-7. 2011....