Arleen A Leibowitz
Affiliation: University of California
- The demand for health and health concerns after 30 yearsArleen A Leibowitz
UCLA School of Public Policy and Social Research, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
J Health Econ 23:663-71. 2004..Economic analyses of child health, which is the antecedent of adult health, must proceed in tandem with medical advances in understanding health development in childhood...
- Condom distribution in jail to prevent HIV infectionArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, Box 951656, Los Angeles, CA, 90095 1656, USA
AIDS Behav 17:2695-702. 2013..Cost savings were sensitive to the proportion of anal sex acts protected by condoms, thus allowing inmates more than one condom per week could potentially increase the program's effectiveness. ..
- Determinants and policy implications of male circumcision in the United StatesArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy, UCLA School of Public Affairs, Box 951656, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
Am J Public Health 99:138-45. 2009..We sought to determine whether lack of state Medicaid coverage for infant male circumcision correlates with lower circumcision rates...
- Public funding of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and support in CaliforniaArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy UCLA School of Public Affairs, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:e11-6. 2011..To determine the amount of public financing for HIV/AIDS in California and its distribution among treatment, prevention, and support services. To determine the geographical distribution of public financing for HIV/AIDS within California...
- A US policy perspective on oral preexposure prophylaxis for HIVArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy, University of California, Los Angeles School of Public Affairs, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
Am J Public Health 101:982-5. 2011....
- Market power and state costs of HIV/AIDS drugsArleen A Leibowitz
UCLA School of Public Affairs, 3250 Public Policy Building, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1656, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 7:59-71. 2007..Average costs per prescription do not differ between the two purchase methods...
- Distance to public test sites and HIV testingArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy, UCLA School of Public Affairs, CA 90095 1656, USA
Med Care Res Rev 64:568-84. 2007..Distance from public sites does not affect HIV testing among the nonpoor. To encourage HIV testing among the groups where HIV is growing fastest, public health agencies must keep the time and money costs of HIV testing low...
- Framing male circumcision to promote its adoption in different settingsFranklin D Gilliam
Department of Public Policy, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1207-11. 2010....
- Early evidence from California on transitions to a reformed health insurance system for persons living with HIV/AIDSArleen A Leibowitz
Department of Public Policy, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, Los Angeles, CA AIDS Project Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center, Los Angeles, CA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 64:S62-7. 2013..Since 2011, California has transitioned PLWHA to Medicaid managed care (MMC) and to the Low-Income Health Program (LIHP)...
- Motivators, concerns, and barriers to adoption of preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention among gay and bisexual men in HIV-serodiscordant male relationshipsRonald A Brooks
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Care 23:1136-45. 2011..The findings suggest the need for a carefully planned implementation program along with educational and counseling interventions in the dissemination of an effective PrEP agent...
- Sexual risk behavior has decreased among men who have sex with men in Los Angeles but remains greater than that among heterosexual men and womenRonald A Brooks
Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, Senel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 20:312-24. 2008..The findings suggest the need for continued targeted prevention for MSM and prevention efforts for segments of the general population at elevated risk for HIV...
- Routine, rapid HIV testingMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
Department of Psychiatry and School of Public Affairs, Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, University of California, Los Angeles, 90024, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 18:273-80. 2006..However, AIDS researchers, policy makers, and advocates may dramatically influence the epidemic's course by encouraging flexibility and innovation in HIV-testing guidelines...
- Male circumcision and HIV prevention: looking to the futureRonald A Brooks
Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1203-6. 2010..Advocates of male circumcision would benefit from research on how to influence health policy-makers, how best to communicate the benefits to the public, and how to design effective delivery models...
- Rapid HIV testing: issues in implementationFrank H Galvan
Center for HIV Identification, Prevention and Treatment Services CHIPTS and the Drew Center for AIDS Research, Education and Services, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 18:15-8. 2004..Community agencies will need to utilize this technology in a way that maximizes its potential to identify cases of HIV and links individuals as quickly as possible to needed services...
- Psychotropic medication use in a national probability sample of children in the child welfare systemRamesh Raghavan
The National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90064, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:97-106. 2005..The aim of this study was to estimate the point prevalence of psychotropic medication use, and to describe relationships between child-level characteristics, provider type, and medication use among children in the child welfare system...
- A socioeconomic profile of older adults with HIVGeoffrey F Joyce
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:19-28. 2005..The success of new drug therapies and the changing demographics of the HIV population necessitate innovative policies that promote labor force participation and continuous access to antiretroviral therapies...
- Insurance status of HIV-infected adults in the post-HAART era: evidence from the United StatesDana P Goldman
RAND, 1700 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 2:85-90. 2003..More speculatively, it suggests that the United States system for financing health care is not well-equipped to deal with epidemics that afflict a population in its prime work years...