Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Contrast enhancement of stimulus intermittency in a primary olfactory network and its behavioral significanceHong Lei
University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721 0077, USA
J Biol 8:21. 2009....
- Spiking patterns and their functional implications in the antennal lobe of the tobacco hornworm Manduca sextaHong Lei
Department of Neuroscience, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23382. 2011..These results suggest that neuronal burstiness reflects a physiological state of these neurons that is directly linked to their response characteristics...
- Characterization and coding of behaviorally significant odor mixturesJeffrey A Riffell
University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721, USA
Curr Biol 19:335-40. 2009....
- Responses of protocerebral neurons in Manduca sexta to sex-pheromone mixturesHong Lei
Department of Neuroscience, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 85721, USA
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 199:997-1014. 2013..Moreover, the response patterns of protocerebral neurons are diverse, suggesting that the representation of olfactory stimuli at the level of protocerebrum is complex. ..
- The neurobiology of insect olfaction: sensory processing in a comparative contextJOSHUA P MARTIN
Department of Neuroscience, College of Science, University of Arizona, 1040 East Fourth Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 0077, USA
Prog Neurobiol 95:427-47. 2011..We propose that this perspective is beneficial for insect olfactory neurobiology in particular and sensory neurobiology in general...
- Local inhibition modulates odor-evoked synchronization of glomerulus-specific output neuronsHong Lei
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neurobiology, University of Arizona, PO Box 210077, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0077, USA
Nat Neurosci 5:557-65. 2002..Thus, when two adjacent glomeruli receive their inputs simultaneously, the temporal tuning of output from each glomerulus is enhanced by reciprocal and inhibitory interglomerular interactions...
- Coordination of central odor representations through transient, non-oscillatory synchronization of glomerular output neuronsThomas A Christensen
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neurobiology, University of Arizona, P O Box 210077, Tucson, AZ 85721 0077, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11076-81. 2003....
- Spatial and temporal organization of ensemble representations for different odor classes in the moth antennal lobeHong Lei
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neurobiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Neurosci 24:11108-19. 2004....
- Central processing of natural odor mixtures in insectsHong Lei
ARL Neurobiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Chem Ecol 34:915-27. 2008..The difference between these two types of processing may reside in the degree of plasticity, with the former being hard-wired and the latter being more subjected to network modulation...