Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Diffusion tensor fiber tracking shows distinct corticostriatal circuits in humansStephane Lehericy
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Ann Neurol 55:522-9. 2004..These results provide the first direct demonstration of distinct corticostriatal connections in humans...
- 3-D diffusion tensor axonal tracking shows distinct SMA and pre-SMA projections to the human striatumStephane Lehericy
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota School, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Cereb Cortex 14:1302-9. 2004....
- Distinct basal ganglia territories are engaged in early and advanced motor sequence learningStephane Lehericy
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12566-71. 2005....
- Motor control in basal ganglia circuits using fMRI and brain atlas approachesStephane Lehericy
CMRR University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cereb Cortex 16:149-61. 2006....
- Structural and diffusion tensor imaging of the fornix in childhood- and adolescent-onset schizophreniaMustafa Kendi
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:826-32. 2008..The fornix is the primary efferent neural pathway of the hippocampus and has been shown to be abnormal in adults with schizophrenia...
- Hippocampal sclerosis in temporal lobe epilepsy: findings at 7 T¹Thomas R Henry
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Radiology 261:199-209. 2011..To determine if ultrahigh-field-strength magnetic resonance (MR) imaging can be used to detect subregional hippocampal alterations...
- Brain dynamic neurochemical changes in dystonic patients: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyMalgorzata Marjanska
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research and Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Mov Disord 28:201-9. 2013..The dynamics of the GABA concentration were specifically impaired in dystonic patients. Whether these changes reflect changes in the extrasynaptic or synaptic GABA component is discussed...
- Disruption of hippocampal connectivity in children and adolescents with schizophrenia--a voxel-based diffusion tensor imaging studyTonya White
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Schizophr Res 90:302-7. 2007..As white matter provides rapid and efficient communication between brain regions, this study was initiated to assess the early disruption of white matter pathways in children and adolescent with schizophrenia...
- A three-dimensional, histological and deformable atlas of the human basal ganglia. I. Atlas construction based on immunohistochemical and MRI dataJerome Yelnik
INSERM U679, Neurologie et Thérapeutique Expérimentale, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Neuroimage 34:618-38. 2007..This latter aspect will be presented in a forthcoming paper...
- Differentiation of sCJD and vCJD forms by automated analysis of basal ganglia intensity distribution in multisequence MRI of the brain--definition and evaluation of new MRI-based ratiosMarius George Linguraru
Epidaure Asclepios Research Group INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:1052-67. 2006....
- New ratios for the detection and classification of CJD in multisequence MRI of the brainMarius George Linguraru
EPIDAURE Research Group, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:492-9. 2005....
- Retrospective cross-evaluation of an histological and deformable 3D atlas of the basal ganglia on series of Parkinsonian patients treated by deep brain stimulationEric Bardinet
CNRS UPR640 LENA, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:385-93. 2005..The accuracy of the method is first discussed, followed by the study of short series of Parkinsonian patients treated by DBS, allowing to compare the deformed atlas with various per- and post-operative data...
- Localization of stimulating electrodes in patients with Parkinson disease by using a three-dimensional atlas-magnetic resonance imaging coregistration methodJerome Yelnik
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurosurg 99:89-99. 2003....
- Fusion of autoradiographs with an MR volume using 2-D and 3-D linear transformationsGregoire Malandain
Epidaure team, INRIA, 06 902 Sophia Antipolis cedex, France
Neuroimage 23:111-27. 2004..We demonstrate that this fusion can be achieved by using only simple global transformations (rigid and/or affine, 2-D and 3-D), while yielding very satisfactory results...
- Automatic prediction of infarct growth in acute ischemic stroke from MR apparent diffusion coefficient mapsNidiyare Hevia Montiel
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, Paris, France
Acad Radiol 15:77-83. 2008..Evidence from multiple previous studies indicate that ADC maps are likely to reveal brain regions belonging to the ischemic penumbra, that is, areas that may be at risk of infarction in the few hours following stroke onset...
- Fully automatic segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala from MRI using hybrid prior knowledgeMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, ION, UCL, London, UK
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:875-82. 2007..001) for Hc and from 81% to 84% (p < 0.002) for Am, with equivalent improvements in volume error...
- Modeling and detecting deep brain activity with MEG & EEGYohan Attal
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, CNRS UPR640 LENA, Hopital de la Salpetriere, University of Paris6, France
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:4937-40. 2007..Results indicate that MEG/EEG may indeed localize these deeper generators, which is confirmed here from experimental MEG data reporting on the modulation of alpha brain waves...
- Acute deep-brain stimulation of the internal and external globus pallidus in primary dystonia: functional mapping of the pallidumJean Luc Houeto
Service de Neurologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire La Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Arch Neurol 64:1281-6. 2007..Patients with the severe and generalized forms can benefit from bilateral high-frequency pallidal stimulation...
- Stimulation of subterritories of the subthalamic nucleus reveals its role in the integration of the emotional and motor aspects of behaviorLuc Mallet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale AVENIR Group, Behavior, Emotion, and Basal Ganglia, 75013 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10661-6. 2007....
- Bilateral, pallidal, deep-brain stimulation in primary generalised dystonia: a prospective 3 year follow-up studyMarie Vidailhet
INSERM U679, Neurology and Experimental Therapeutics, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 6:223-9. 2007....
- Anatomically constrained region deformation for the automated segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala: Method and validation on controls and patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, UCL, UK
Neuroimage 34:996-1019. 2007..The proposed approach provides a new framework for further developments in quantitative analyses of the pathological hippocampus and amygdala in MRI scans...
- Fusion of autoradiographies with an MR volume using 2-D and 3-D linear transformationsGregoire Malandain
Epidaure, INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles BP 93, 06 902 Sophia Antipolis cedex, France
Inf Process Med Imaging 18:487-98. 2003..We show that this fusion can be achieved by using only simple global transformations (rigid and affine), yielding a very satisfactory result...
- Piecewise affine registration of biological images for volume reconstructionAlain Pitiot
Mirada Solutions, Ltd, Level 1, 23 38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2EP, United Kingdom
Med Image Anal 10:465-83. 2006..We investigate the behavior of our approach on several batches of histological data and discuss its sensitivity to parameters and noise...
- Three-dimensional cartography of functional territories in the human striatopallidal complex by using calbindin immunoreactivityCarine Karachi
INSERM U289, Neurologie et Thérapeutique Expérimentale, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Comp Neurol 450:122-34. 2002..This three-dimensional partitioning of the human striatopallidal complex could help to define functional targets for high-frequency stimulation with greater accuracy and help to identify new stimulation sites...