Judy L LeFlore
Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Can a virtual patient trainer teach student nurses how to save lives--teaching nursing students about pediatric respiratory diseasesJudy L LeFlore
Pediatric, Acute Care Pediatric and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program, The University of Texas at Arlington, College of Nursing, Arlington, Texas, USA
Simul Healthc 7:10-7. 2012..The objective of this study was to compare the achievement of learning outcomes of undergraduate nursing students when a virtual patient trainer or a traditional lecture was used to teach pediatric respiratory content...
- Effectiveness of 2 methods to teach and evaluate new content to neonatal transport personnel using high-fidelity simulationJudy L LeFlore
The University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 22:319-28. 2008..Experienced participants appear to be satisfied with the use of HFS scenarios...
- Comparison of self-directed learning versus instructor-modeled learning during a simulated clinical experienceJudy L LeFlore
Pediatric and Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program, The University of Texas, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Simul Healthc 2:170-7. 2007..Therefore, no evidence exists to know which approach is superior. This study aims to test the hypothesis that instructor-modeled learning is more effective compared with self-directed learning during a simulated clinical experience...
- Alternative educational models for interdisciplinary student teamsJudy L LeFlore
University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, Arlington, TX, USA
Simul Healthc 4:135-42. 2009..Few studies compare instructor-modeled learning with modified debriefing to self-directed learning with facilitated debriefing during team-simulated clinical scenarios...
- Educating neonatal nurse practitioners in the 21st centuryJudy Leflore
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 25:200-5. 2011..Providing clinical learning experiences in the virtual NICU will enhance the students' opportunities to learn to care for the culturally diverse populations they will serve as neonatal nurse practitioners...
- Comparison of nonelective removal of percutaneously versus surgically placed central venous catheters in high-risk neonatesJudy L LeFlore
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:111-5. 2007
- Growth and neurodevelopment in extremely low-birth-weight neonates exposed to postnatal steroid therapyJudy L LeFlore
Department of Pediatrics, School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Am J Perinatol 28:635-42. 2011..These results suggest that a deleterious effect of PNS therapy on neurodevelopment can occur by a mechanism that does not impair overall growth or growth of head circumference...
- Capillary refill time is an unreliable indicator of cardiovascular status in term neonatesJudy L LeFlore
University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 5:147-54. 2005....