Affiliation: University of Georgia
- Characterization of the basal angiosperm Aristolochia fimbriata: a potential experimental system for genetic studiesBarbara J Bliss
Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics, and The Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences, 201 Life Sciences Building, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Plant Biol 13:13. 2013..It would be desirable to identify a basal angiosperm experimental system that possesses many of the features found in existing plant model systems (e.g., Arabidopsis and Oryza)...
- A genome triplication associated with early diversification of the core eudicotsYuannian Jiao
Intercollege Graduate Degree Program in Plant Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Genome Biol 13:R3. 2012..Although it is agreed that a major polyploidy event, gamma, occurred within the eudicots, the phylogenetic placement of the event remains unclear...
- The phenylalanine ammonia lyase (PAL) gene family shows a gymnosperm-specific lineageUjwal R Bagal
Institute of Bioinformatics, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7229, USA
BMC Genomics 13:S1. 2012..Our objective was to re-evaluate this finding, assess the evolutionary history of PAL genes across major angiosperm and gymnosperm lineages, and characterize PAL gene expression patterns in Pinus taeda...
- Taking the first steps towards a standard for reporting on phylogenies: Minimum Information About a Phylogenetic Analysis (MIAPA)Jim Leebens-Mack
Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics, and Huck Institutes of Life Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
OMICS 10:231-7. 2006..Key in the successful development and implementation of such a standard will be broad participation by developers of phylogenetic analysis software, phylogenetic database developers, practitioners of phylogenomics, and journal editors...
- A physical map for the Amborella trichopoda genome sheds light on the evolution of angiosperm genome structureAndrea Zuccolo
Arizona Genomics Institute, School of Plant Sciences and BIO5 Institute for Collaborative Research, University of Arizona, 1657 East Helen Street, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Genome Biol 12:R48. 2011..A physical map, BAC end sequences and sample shotgun sequences provide a first view of the 870 Mbp Amborella genome...
- Comparative transcriptomics among floral organs of the basal eudicot Eschscholzia californica as reference for floral evolutionary developmental studiesLaura M Zahn
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Genome Biol 11:R101. 2010..However, our understanding of floral developmental processes among the basal eudicots remains limited...
- Floral homeotic C function genes repress specific B function genes in the carpel whorl of the basal eudicot California poppy (Eschscholzia californica)Aravinda L Yellina
University of Bremen, Fachbereich 02 Biology Chemistry, Evolutionary Developmental Genetics Group Leobener Str, UFT, 28359 Bremen, Germany
Evodevo 1:13. 2010..At the same time gene phylogenies reveal a complex history of gene duplications and repeated subfunctionalization of paralogs...
- An expressed sequence tag (EST) library from developing fruits of an Hawaiian endemic mint (Stenogyne rugosa, Lamiaceae): characterization and microsatellite markersCharlotte Lindqvist
Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, PO Box 1172 Blindern, 0318 Oslo, Norway
BMC Plant Biol 6:16. 2006..We constructed an EST library from developing fleshy nutlets of Stenogyne rugosa principally to identify genetic markers for the Hawaiian endemic mints...
- Comparison of next generation sequencing technologies for transcriptome characterizationP Kerr Wall
Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics, and The Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Genomics 10:347. 2009..19). We also generated 454-GS20 sequences and de novo assemblies for the basal eudicot California poppy (Eschscholzia californica) and the magnoliid avocado (Persea americana) using a variety of methods for cDNA synthesis...
- Insights into the Musa genome: syntenic relationships to rice and between Musa speciesMagali Lescot
French Agricultural Research Center for International Development, UMR 1096, Avenue Agropolis, TA40 03, FR 34398, Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
BMC Genomics 9:58. 2008..Until now, however, no large-scale analyses of Musa genomic sequence have been conducted. This study compares genomic sequence in two Musa species with orthologous regions in the rice genome...
- Identification of shared single copy nuclear genes in Arabidopsis, Populus, Vitis and Oryza and their phylogenetic utility across various taxonomic levelsJill M Duarte
Department of Biology and the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
BMC Evol Biol 10:61. 2010....
- Complete plastid genome sequences of Drimys, Liriodendron, and Piper: implications for the phylogenetic relationships of magnoliidsZhengqiu Cai
Section of Integrative Biology and Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Patterson Laboratories 141, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:77. 2006....
- Quality and quantity of data recovered from massively parallel sequencing: Examples in Asparagales and PoaceaeP Roxanne Steele
Department of Biology, 6001 W Dodge Street, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska 68182 0040, USA
Am J Bot 99:330-48. 2012....