L A Lee
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Photosensitivity diseases: cutaneous lupus erythematosusL A Lee
Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Colorado, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 4:73-8. 1999..Recent advances in phototesting and analysis of the genetics of lupus should clarify the events leading to photosensitive cutaneous lupus lesions...
- Neonatal lupus: clinical features, therapy, and pathogenesisL A Lee
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 3:391-5. 2001..While often initially asymptomatic, mothers tend to develop symptoms of connective tissue disease. This review discusses the recent advances in the understanding of neonatal lupus, its clinical features, therapy, and pathogenesis...
- Characterization of an autoantigen associated with chronic ulcerative stomatitis: the CUSP autoantigen is a member of the p53 familyL A Lee
Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Colorado, USA
J Invest Dermatol 113:146-51. 1999..The p53-like genes, p73 and the several KET splicing variants, are recently described genes of uncertain biologic and pathologic significance. This study provides the first clear association of a p53-like protein with a disease process...
- Behçet diseaseL A Lee
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 20:53-7. 2001..There is considerable morbidity resulting from Behçet's disease, most notably a high risk of blindness from ocular involvement. Mortality may occur as a result of neurologic or vascular disease or gastrointestinal perforation...
- Neonatal lupus erythematosus: clinical findings and pathogenesisLela A Lee
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 9:52-6. 2004..Only a minority of babies exposed to the autoantibodies develop disease, however, and mothers and their babies have different disease manifestations. Thus, additional factors are likely to be important in determining disease expression...
- Hepatobiliary disease in neonatal lupus: prevalence and clinical characteristics in cases enrolled in a national registryLela A Lee
Departments of Dermatology and Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, and Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 109:E11. 2002..To extend the information base on the hepatobiliary manifestations of neonatal lupus erythematosus (NLE) with regard to frequency of occurrence, clinical characteristics, and outcome...
- Transient autoimmunity related to maternal autoantibodies: neonatal lupusLela A Lee
Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, 660 Bannock, Mail Code 4000, Denver, CO 80204, United States
Autoimmun Rev 4:207-13. 2005..In this review the clinical features, diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis of NLE are discussed, and a summary of experimental data relating to pathogenesis is presented...
- CUSP/p63 expression in rat and human tissuesR P Dellavalle
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, B 153, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 90262, USA
J Dermatol Sci 27:82-7. 2001..Focal p63 expression within tissues, the complex array of isoforms encoded by the gene, and the specificity of the probes and antibodies utilized, may all contribute to contradictory accounts of CUSP/p63 expression...
- Pattern of cutaneous immunoglobulin G deposition in subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus is reproduced by infusing purified anti-Ro (SSA) autoantibodies into human skin-grafted miceL A Lee
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver 80262
J Clin Invest 83:1556-62. 1989..These data directly show that anti-Ro (SSA) antibodies bind to the skin, and support the hypothesis that anti-Ro (SSA) autoantibodies are involved in the disease process that produces subacute cutaneous lupus and neonatal lupus...
- Unilateral tumid lupus erythematosusT R Pacheco
Lupus 11:388-91. 2002..We report a case of blaschkolinear cutaneous tumid lupus erythematous and discuss the potential association between cutaneous genetic mosaicism, Blaschko lines and lupus susceptibility...
- Cutaneous lupus in infancy and childhoodL A Lee
Dermatology Service, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Lupus 19:1112-7. 2010..In this review, clinical findings, diagnosis, management, and pathogenesis of neonatal lupus are discussed, and the management of cutaneous lupus in children is detailed...
- Comparison of the reliability and validity of outcome instruments for cutaneous dermatomyositisR Q Klein
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3600 Spruce Street, 2 Maloney Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Br J Dermatol 159:887-94. 2008..Cutaneous Dermatomyositis Disease Area and Severity Index (CDASI), Dermatomyositis Skin Severity Index (DSSI) and Cutaneous Assessment Tool (CAT) skin indices have been developed as outcome instruments...
- Endoscopic findings predict the histologic diagnosis in gastrointestinal graft-versus-host diseaseM Cruz-Correa
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Endoscopy 34:808-13. 2002..We performed a study to determine the diagnostic accuracy of macroscopic endoscopy findings in the diagnosis of acute and chronic histologically proven gastrointestinal GvHD (GI-GvHD)...
- Myc target transcriptomesL A Lee
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Ross 1032, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 302:145-67. 2006....
- Dermatology position paper on the revision of the 1982 ACR criteria for systemic lupus erythematosusJ Albrecht
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Lupus 13:839-49. 2004..In order to demonstrate specificity of the criteria with a 95% confidence interval between 90 and 100%, each control group of the above should have at least 73 patients...
- Autoantibodies in mothers of children with neonatal liver diseaseJoanna M Burch
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, CO, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:262-7. 2003..This study was performed to determine whether idiopathic neonatal cholestasis (INC) represents NLE without its cardiac or cutaneous findings...
- CUSP/p63 expression in basal cell carcinomaRobert P Dellavalle
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Exp Dermatol 11:203-8. 2002..Therefore, CUSP appears to be present, unmutated, and yet frequently undetectable by immunofluorescence in cutaneous lesions in both humans and mice that are associated with SHH pathway dysregulation (BCCs, BCNS, and nevus sebaceous)...
- Neonatal lupus erythematosusJoanna M Burch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Dermatol Nurs 14:157-60. 2002..Mothers of babies with NLE are likely to develop collagen vascular diseases with time. Infants with NLE are at risk to develop other autoimmune diseases during childhood or adolescence...
- Genetic association of cutaneous neonatal lupus with HLA class II and tumor necrosis factor alpha: implications for pathogenesisRobert M Clancy
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2598-603. 2004..Accordingly, this study was undertaken to seek genetic and histologic evidence for a role of TNFalpha in the pathogenesis of cutaneous neonatal lupus...
- Neonatal lupus: clinical features and managementLela A Lee
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Paediatr Drugs 6:71-8. 2004..About half of the mothers are asymptomatic at the time of presentation of the child, but some of these women eventually develop symptoms of autoimmune disease...
- deltaNp63alpha functions as both a positive and a negative transcriptional regulator and blocks in vitro differentiation of murine keratinocytesKathryn E King
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 22:3635-44. 2003..These findings support deltaNp63alpha as a master regulator of keratinocyte differentiation, and suggest a novel function of this protein in the maintenance of epithelial homeostasis...
- The CUSP DeltaNp63alpha isoform of human p63 is downregulated by solar-simulated ultraviolet radiationAngela Marchbank
Department of Dermatology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
J Dermatol Sci 32:71-4. 2003..The significant constitutive expression of DeltaNp63alpha in stratified epithelium has been proposed to maintain the proliferative capacity of basal cells, blocking the consequences of inappropriate p53 activation...
- Long-term followup of children with neonatal lupus and their unaffected siblingsVictor Martin
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:2377-83. 2002..To determine in a longitudinal cohort study whether children with varied manifestations of neonatal lupus or their unaffected siblings later develop autoantibodies and/or rheumatic diseases...