- Lee K, Tae W, Jackson K, Kwon S, McKee P. Characterization of wild-type and mutant alpha2-antiplasmins: fibrinolysis enhancement by reactive site mutant. Blood. 1999;94:164-71 pubmed....
- Lee K, Jackson K, Christiansen V, Lee C, Chun J, McKee P. Why alpha-antiplasmin must be converted to a derivative form for optimal function. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5:2095-104 pubmed..The R6 W polymorphism in Met-alpha(2)AP does not affect its crosslinking to fibrin, but it does slow cleavage by APCE and reduces the amount of Asn-alpha(2)AP available for rapid crosslinking to fibrin. ..
- Lee K, Lee C, Tae W, Jackson K, Christiansen V, McKee P. Cross-linking of wild-type and mutant alpha 2-antiplasmins to fibrin by activated factor XIII and by a tissue transglutaminase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37382-9 pubmed..These results show that alpha(2)AP is a better substrate for FXIIIa than for this particular tTG, but that either enzyme involves the same Gln substrate sites in alpha(2)AP and yields the same order of reactivities. ..
- Lee K, Jackson K, Christiansen V, Lee C, Chun J, McKee P. Antiplasmin-cleaving enzyme is a soluble form of fibroblast activation protein. Blood. 2006;107:1397-404 pubmed....
- Lee K, Jackson K, Christiansen V, Dolence E, McKee P. Enhancement of fibrinolysis by inhibiting enzymatic cleavage of precursor ?2-antiplasmin. J Thromb Haemost. 2011;9:987-96 pubmed publisher..These data establish that inhibition of APCE might represent a therapeutic approach for enhancing thrombolytic activity. ..