KEVIN SCOTT LEE
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Protection against focal ischemic injury to the brain by trans-sodium crocetinate. Laboratory investigationHiroaki Manabe
Department of Neuroscience, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosurg 113:802-9. 2010..The present study examined the ability of TSC to modify oxygenation in ischemic neural tissue and tested the potential neuroprotective effects of TSC in permanent and temporary models of focal cerebral ischemia...
- Differential hydroxylation of salicylate in core and penumbra regions during focal reversible cerebral ischemiaN J Solenski
Department of Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Stroke 28:2545-51; discussion 2551-2. 1997..With use of a reproducible model of in vivo focal ischemia/reperfusion, the time course of salicylate hydroxylation was measured in ischemic core and penumbra regions...
- A murine model of subarachnoid hemorrhage-induced cerebral vasospasmChih Lung Lin
Departments of Neuroscience and Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Box 801392, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Neurosci Methods 123:89-97. 2003..g. genetically-altered animals and gene expression arrays). This model also represents a replicable and inexpensive approach for screening therapeutic candidates...
- Cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: putative role of inflammationAaron S Dumont
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Neurosurgery 53:123-33; discussion 133-5. 2003..Investigations into the nature of the inflammatory response accompanying SAH are needed to elucidate the precise role(s) of inflammatory events in SAH-induced pathologies...
- Monoclonal antibody against E selectin attenuates subarachnoid hemorrhage-induced cerebral vasospasmChih Lung Lin
Department of Neurosurgery, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 80708, Taiwan, ROC
Surg Neurol 64:201-5; discussion 205-6. 2005..This study was designed to examine the effect of a highly specific antibody, monoclonal anti-E-selectin antibody, on cerebral vasospasm in a new murine SAH model...
- Oral administration of an inhibitor of endothelin-converting enzyme attenuates cerebral vasospasm following experimental subarachnoid haemorrhage in rabbitsAij Lie Kwan
Department of Neurosurgery, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100 Shih chuan 1st Road, Kaohsiung
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:414S-417S. 2002..These findings also reinforce evidence demonstrating that treatment with an ECE-1 inhibitor is a potentially viable therapeutic approach for reducing cerebral vasospasm after SAH...
- Characteristics of hypothermic preconditioning influencing the induction of delayed ischemic toleranceMasatoshi Yunoki
Department of Neuroscience, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Neurosurg 97:650-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to characterize the parameters of HPC that regulate the induction of delayed tolerance...
- Attenuation of hemolysate-induced cerebrovascular endothelial cell injury and of production of endothelin-1 and big endothelin-1 by an endothelin-converting enzyme inhibitorChih Zen Chang
Department of Neurosurgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Surg Neurol 58:181-7; discussion 187-8. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of an ECE inhibitor, CGS 26303, on hemolysate-induced injury of cerebral vessel endothelial cells as well as the production of ET-1 from these cells...
- GABAergic synaptic inhibition is reduced before seizure onset in a genetic model of cortical malformationStacey A Trotter
Department of Neuroscience, Health Sciences Center, Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 26:10756-67. 2006..Such alterations represent a rational substrate for reduced seizure thresholds associated with certain cortical malformations...