Joyce S Lee
Affiliation: University of California
- Does chronic microaspiration cause idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Joyce S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Med 123:304-11. 2010..Defining the role of chronic microaspiration in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is essential as it has potential clinical, pathobiological, and treatment implications for this deadly disease...
- Priming with endotoxin increases acute lung injury in mice by enhancing the severity of lung endothelial injuryJoyce S Lee
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 294:165-72. 2011..This model should be useful to investigators studying ALI who want to simulate the clinical setting in which more than one insult often leads to greater clinical lung injury...
- Gastroesophageal reflux therapy is associated with longer survival in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisJoyce S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1390-4. 2011..Gastroesophageal reflux (GER) is highly prevalent in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Chronic microaspiration secondary to GER may play a role in the pathogenesis and natural history of IPF...
- Comprehensive care of the patient with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisJoyce S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 17:348-54. 2011..In the current document, we summarize and supplement this recent expert document and propose a comprehensive approach to the care and management of patients with IPF...
- Rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease: radiologic identification of usual interstitial pneumonia patternDeborah Assayag
From the Departments of Medicine D A, T E K, H R C, J S L and Radiology B M E, T H U, University of California, San Francisco, Calif Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Ariz T V C Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea B H K, D S K and Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn J H R
Radiology 270:583-8. 2014..To determine the accuracy of computed tomography (CT) in identifying the histopathologic usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP) pattern in rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease (RA-ILD)...
- Predictors of mortality in rheumatoid arthritis-related interstitial lung diseaseDeborah Assayag
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Respirology 19:493-500. 2014..Mortality in RA-ILD is associated with several patient- and ILD-specific variables; however, previous studies are of low quality. ..
- Cleaved cytokeratin-18 is a mechanistically informative biomarker in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSeung Ick Cha
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Respir Res 13:105. 2012....
- Prevalence and clinical significance of circulating autoantibodies in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisJoyce S Lee
Department of Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0111, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Respir Med 107:249-55. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine the frequency and clinical significance of circulating autoantibodies in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis...
- A multidimensional index and staging system for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBrett Ley
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0111, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Intern Med 156:684-91. 2012..Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a progressive fibrotic lung disease with an overall poor prognosis. A simple-to-use staging system for IPF may improve prognostication, help guide management, and facilitate research...
- Rheumatoid arthritis associated interstitial lung disease: a reviewDeborah Assayag
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA, USA E mail
Medicina (B Aires) 74:158-65. 2014..This article reviews the proposed pathogenesis and risk factors for RA-ILD. We also outline the important steps involved in the work-up of RA-ILD and review the evidence for treatment and prognosis. ..
- Anti-acid treatment and disease progression in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: an analysis of data from three randomised controlled trialsJoyce S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Lancet Respir Med 1:369-76. 2013..Retrospective studies have shown improved outcomes in patients given anti-acid treatment. The aim of this study was to investigate the association between anti-acid treatment and disease progression in IPF...